Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Just picked up a GTX 280 from EVGA (SSC). I hear a load of people going on about it, but i'd like some advice using it and what results you have gotten using it. I have it downloaded ready. Never messed with voltage before on a GFX Card, so any help would be appreciated.

·
Premium Member
8,198 Posts
I use the voltage tuner on my gtx 260 and it really only helped when trying to push my card to the limits. It helped me bump the core clock from 77x to 783 and it helped me bump the shaders from 1566 all the way to 1674.

The thing is that voltage alone won't help all that much, if any. Temp is going to make the biggest difference. Temp will be what usually limits how high your card is going to clock. Even temp in the 50-60° can have an impact on how high the card can clock. If you do use the VT, I only suggest that you use it if you have the fan speed at 100%. That's the only time that it can help or if you have better cooling or live in Antarctica.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.