Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
All I can say is that I have that EVGA mobo and love it. Never had any issues. Looks great, nice cool NB, OC's well and has never given me a problem. Good luck with your build. hope all goes well.

·
Premium Member
6,988 Posts
They should overclock about the same (I would think), however the Gigabyte board has USB 3.0 and Sata 6Gb/s which the EVGA does not have.

• Rep+
Reactions: Arirang

·
Stop saying I'm new
792 Posts
I have used both EVGA and Gigabyte. I have to say i like EVGA, because they are predictably good with their customer service, unlike Gigabyte which is hit or miss. However, Gigabyte is a company that raises the bar on quality products; more copper in your board, Solid caps, NEVER an RMA, and GREAT extra features like onboard cmos clear, and watercooled northbridge block.

I've only stuck with gigabyte because it was all that was available to me when i was in Korea. Not bad at all.

·
Registered
650 Posts
The gigabyte board is going to be a better quality board over all for sure, but the EVGA has good customer service. In my experience gigabyte also has good customer service but some people like the poster above say it is hit or miss.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegetables View Post
The gigabyte board is going to be a better quality board over all for sure, but the EVGA has good customer service. In my experience gigabyte also has good customer service but some people like the poster above say it is hit or miss.
I would go with EVGA on this one. Search Gigabyte denial on the top right hand corner.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Segovax View Post
I would go with EVGA on this one. Search Gigabyte denial on the top right hand corner.
You can find customer service horror stories on basically any company though. I wouldn't base my decision solely on a few bad experiences. EVGA has just as many as well as ASUS, Foxconn, etc.

·
Banned
5,698 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vegetables View Post
You can find customer service horror stories on basically any company though. I wouldn't base my decision solely on a few bad experiences. EVGA has just as many as well as ASUS, Foxconn, etc.
Then what would you base your statement about Gigabyte being better quality overall?

At some point you have to make the judgment call for yourself whether that be from many experiences or few.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quote:

Then what would you base your statement about Gigabyte being better quality overall?

At some point you have to make the judgment call for yourself whether that be from many experiences or few.

You' really can't go wrong with both Sego.
Both are great companies.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I kinda want to keep it under 200, so the sli3 is out of the question.
SATA3 still isn't that worth it though right? Since hard drives can't take up all the bandwidth.
USB3 is something I'd like to have though.

Hmm, I guess I'll get the gigabyte motherboard unless I find the sli3 for cheaper.
Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
My experience with Gigabyte was 2 of the same motherboards in a row that were dead out of the box.....(an ASUS worked instead). My buddy has a Gigabyte thats been running for years perfectly,so who knows?

·
Registered
694 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arirang View Post
Well, I kinda want to keep it under 200, so the sli3 is out of the question.
SATA3 still isn't that worth it though right? Since hard drives can't take up all the bandwidth.
USB3 is something I'd like to have though.

Hmm, I guess I'll get the gigabyte motherboard unless I find the sli3 for cheaper.
Thanks for the help!

You'll wont be saying that when more SATA3 SSDs hit the market and they're just getting cheaper and cheaper as time passes by.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
dont go evga, lately there service is great when its good but when it goes bad its utter bs

·
Premium Member
16,458 Posts
There is a LONG thread about how poor gigabyte customer service is so I'd go EVGA or Asus

·
Registered
650 Posts
Quote:

I was referring to the build quality of the gigabyte board, not the customer service.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts