• 2x ARGB / 2x RGB Headers
  • USB BIOS Update Port
  • 4x DDR4 DIMMs
  • Pump Header

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
This close to the new generation.
I had hoped to have seen these much earlier than they arrived. And EU usually don't stock/sell EVGA overall is sad.
I do wonder if they will do a AM5 board in decent time. Not in a hurry to get AM5 yet with current AM4 parts so their next generation might be more interesting.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This close to the new generation.
I had hoped to have seen these much earlier than they arrived. And EU usually don't stock/sell EVGA overall is sad.
I do wonder if they will do an AM5 board in decent time. Not in a hurry to get AM5 yet with current AM4 parts so their next generation might be more interesting.
Yes, I know AM5 is soon. But I'm not jumping on it right away, waiting for better two DIMM motherboard options anyways. Maybe a Unify-X, Dark or Apex if they get released.

I'd want an X670E though, or an X650E at least, not just an X670.

If I can find stock at retail, I might buy a 7950x at the end of the month, and sit on it until I get memory and my preferred MB. 🐺

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ticket to EVGA support. I've heard their support is quite good, they might actually provide a modded BIOS. :)

"For the EVGA X570 Dark motherboard, it is absolutely vital I get an unlocked 1.08 or newer BIOS with the PBS and CBS menus and all their entries under every category in them unlocked and available in the BIOS that come with the AM4 AGESA bioses. These are vital to me as I enter overclocking competitions and have several threads running in overclocking forums about overclocking AM4 motherboards and these BIOSes. I also am starting an EVGA X570 Dark Overclocking & Discussion Thread on overclock.net.

It is beyond me to mod the BIOS and do it myself, and I fear if I can find someone to mod it for me, it will not pass the security checks to be able to flash the BIOS.

Can you mod the BIOS for me to make these menus available?

Please let me know.

My email is **@gmail.com."

Answer9/23/2022 8:31:26 AM

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. I have forwarded your request to our Product Management team to see if we can provide a modded BIOS. Please allow 1-3 business days to see if we have a way of assisting you.

Regards,
EVGA

·
Registered
8 Posts
Ticket to EVGA support. I've heard their support is quite good, they might actually provide a modded BIOS. :)

"For the EVGA X570 Dark motherboard, it is absolutely vital I get an unlocked 1.08 or newer BIOS with the PBS and CBS menus and all their entries under every category in them unlocked and available in the BIOS that come with the AM4 AGESA bioses. These are vital to me as I enter overclocking competitions and have several threads running in overclocking forums about overclocking AM4 motherboards and these BIOSes. I also am starting an EVGA X570 Dark Overclocking & Discussion Thread on overclock.net.

It is beyond me to mod the BIOS and do it myself, and I fear if I can find someone to mod it for me, it will not pass the security checks to be able to flash the BIOS.

Can you mod the BIOS for me to make these menus available?

Please let me know.

My email is **@gmail.com."

Answer9/23/2022 8:31:26 AM

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out. I have forwarded your request to our Product Management team to see if we can provide a modded BIOS. Please allow 1-3 business days to see if we have a way of assisting you.

Regards,
EVGA
I noticed you also posted on their Forums trying to get this request in. I am about to swap out my 5900x and try the 5800x3D and would love access to the CBS menu but as you found out the CBS and PBS menus aren't unlocked. I just wanted to let you know that seeing your posts motivated me to put in my own request for an update with those menus unlocked also.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I noticed you also posted on their Forums trying to get this request in. I am about to swap out my 5900x and try the 5800x3D and would love access to the CBS menu but as you found out the CBS and PBS menus aren't unlocked. I just wanted to let you know that seeing your posts motivated me to put in my own request for an update with those menus unlocked also.
Yeah, if they do it for me, I'd share the Dark BIOS here for sure. Still waiting, it's only been two business days.

• Rep+
Reactions: Screwz1use

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
This board gets really great CO settings Core Cycler and y-cruncher stress tested stable. :)

Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

Product Font Screenshot Technology Multimedia

This was my stable CO on my X570S Unify-X Max.

Rectangle Font Screenshot Technology Number

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Had to lower two cores to get 1T working with no CPU errors in the OCCT CPU stress test.

I lowered them from -30 to -27, and might be able to do -28 or -29, but haven't tested that.

Font Rectangle Number Symbol Circle

·
Registered
8 Posts
I ended up settling with these numbers for my 5900x. I did not mess around with any voltage. I was tempted to mess around with SOC, CCD, IOD and VDDP to see if I could get the frequency up up 1:1 at 1T with zero errors but I ended up not messing with that as I was pretty happy with where I landed. I would love to hit the 4000 1:1 at 1T though. Here is what my 5900x PBO with a +200 ended up at and also my ZenTimings. I ran OCCT Platnium Stability test for the CPU which was a 12 hour run of various workloads. Average temp on the CPU was 56 degrees Celsius. I ran Y-cruncher also and TestMem5 with the Extreme Profile for 12 hours also. I had 0 WHEA errors nor any crashes. Due to that, I ended up leaving my current setting settings as my daily driver.

Font Screenshot Technology Software Multimedia

Font Screenshot Electric blue Multimedia Software

Font Technology Screenshot Electric blue Software

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
EVGA provided me with a Dark BIOS with the PBS and CBS menus unlocked, but being a test BIOS that might introduce instability to inexperienced users, they asked me not to share it. I won't publically or even privately by PM, so don't ask, please. If after my extensive testing they allow me to share it, I will, but likely not.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Roger. Let me know how it goes. If you have any luck getting 4000 at a 1:1 ratio and 1T, let me know what you had to change if possible.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Before this modded BIOS, I've gotten my benchmarks very close to what I was getting on my MSI board. With the extra menus and their entries available now, I should be able to beat my previous scores. :)

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
EVGATech_LeeM the mod on EVGA forums can send you an email with a modded BIOS. I'm waiting for one last mod to enable the CPU Configuration/AMD CBS settings, they help my multicore some.

BRB, booting into BIOS with my stable settings to post screenshots here.

Computer Font Screenshot Software Electronic device

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Did any of the extra settings allow for any improvement?

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did any of the extra settings allow for any improvement?
Yes, they improved my y-cruncher by about one second which is my go to benchmark.

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
TM5, Core Cycler 720-720 FFTs SSE, y-cruncher HNT and FFT stress tests and Linpack XTreme 1.1.5 stable.
:)

BIOS settings in the Imgur link.

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
TM5, Core Cycler 720-720 FFTs SSE, y-cruncher HNT and FFT stress tests and Linpack XTreme 1.1.5 stable.
:)

BIOS settings in the Imgur link.

Seems you have the same AMD_CBS & AMD_OVERCLOCKING settings I get on the Aorus X570 Xtreme. (MSI X570S Unify-X doesn't give you them all)
Though you had access to some PCIE re-driver settings I've not seen on any other BIOS.
AMD_CBS was locked down before the modified BIOS?

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Seems you have the same AMD_CBS & AMD_OVERCLOCKING settings I get on the Aorus X570 Xtreme. (MSI X570S Unify-X doesn't give you them all)
Though you had access to some PCIE re-driver settings I've not seen on any other BIOS.
AMD_CBS was locked down before the modified BIOS?
Yes, PBS and CBS weren't available before EVGA modded it for me. I'm trying to get a couple of more mods done on that BIOS, but the EVGA person hasn't responded as of yet.

Oh. I have a fully modded AGESA 1.2.0.3c Unify-X Max BIOS if you want it. That was the best BIOS for overclocking I found.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I reached out to EVGA a couple of days after KedarWolf but before it was posted here for the same menu unlocks as I wanted access to CPPC settings since I was going and have since changed from a 5900X to a 5800X3D. As KedarWolf stated I did receive a modded bios from them for both PBS/CBS menus via email. I hoped to request another modded BIOS for PBO CO options unlocked but no luck due to the team working on the Z790 boards at this time. I am super satisfied with my results and plan to run my current settings as my daily. Below are just some quick benchmarks:

Font Screenshot Software Technology Electronic device

OCCT 12 hour Stability test was ran twice and passed. Same with TM5 on 25 cycles. I'm excited to actual record gaming benchmark this weekend to compare to the 5900X I had installed but so far everything is great.

In the end I did use KedarWolf's Bios screenshots as a reference when I was conducting my tweaks. Due to no access to PBO CO, I am currently using PBO Tuner 2. The big deltas are my CPPC Enabled, CPPC Preferred Cores disabled and I did life C-States Power Control settings Enabled due to various results/comments in the 5800X3D thread. I may go back and check those out myself but I think for now I'll drive this gaming rig for a few weeks before maybe going back and tweaking!

·
Premium Member
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I reached out to EVGA a couple of days after KedarWolf but before it was posted here for the same menu unlocks as I wanted access to CPPC settings since I was going and have since changed from a 5900X to a 5800X3D. As KedarWolf stated I did receive a modded bios from them for both PBS/CBS menus via email. I hoped to request another modded BIOS for PBO CO options unlocked but no luck due to the team working on the Z790 boards at this time. I am super satisfied with my results and plan to run my current settings as my daily. Below are just some quick benchmarks:

View attachment 2574610

OCCT 12 hour Stability test was ran twice and passed. Same with TM5 on 25 cycles. I'm excited to actual record gaming benchmark this weekend to compare to the 5900X I had installed but so far everything is great.

In the end I did use KedarWolf's Bios screenshots as a reference when I was conducting my tweaks. Due to no access to PBO CO, I am currently using PBO Tuner 2. The big deltas are my CPPC Enabled, CPPC Preferred Cores disabled and I did life C-States Power Control settings Enabled due to various results/comments in the 5800X3D thread. I may go back and check those out myself but I think for now I'll drive this gaming rig for a few weeks before maybe going back and tweaking!
I made a mistake with my Vdroop, it should have been at 25%, not 75%.

You might get -30 every core at 25%.

• Rep+
Reactions: Screwz1use
1 - 20 of 26 Posts