1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Technically it's not in "Stock" until Newegg has it listed along with other retailers and it is actually in "Stock". Also you do realize you cannot use Socket 775 CPU's like that QX6850 in the Classified right ?. What's the point of ordering it if you aren't building a i7 system ?.

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 45nm View Post
Technically it's not in "Stock" until Newegg has it listed along with other retailers and it is actually in "Stock". Also you do realize you cannot use Socket 775 CPU's like that QX6850 in the Classified right ?. What's the point of ordering it if you aren't building a i7 system ?.
EVGA sells things straight to consumers. I have purchashed directly from them before

·
Banned
8,570 Posts
well there are people who are in the step up (hence me) that have not budged with the position they are in line. I really don't think these are out yet as I think they merely paper launched it to save face. However, when you get it please post some pictures that way I'll be proven otherwise.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hopefully this batch isn't as small as the last one...
Yes I know last time the sold last week was only 10 boards
I will post pics and I will do a live unboxing on my blogtv account when i get it

·
Registered
816 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Havegooda View Post
You must have the mindset of a seven year old then. Seriously, in almost every post I see from you, you're either 1) whining about something 2) complaining about something 3) dissing some company 4) insulting another member or 5) making a fool of yourself.

Just quit it already.

~Gooda~
+1
More of the number 5 in my opinion anyways.
Back on topic...looks sweet. I really wonder how it goes against a P6T6 because my i7 build will have either a Classified or a P6T6. but $450?
:swearing: guess it's worth it for such awesomely leet board
EDIT: am i the only one that noticed that it's an EATX board? i never knew that, did u guys?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xobile133769 View Post
+1
More of the number 5 in my opinion anyways.
Back on topic...looks sweet. I really wonder how it goes against a P6T6 because my i7 build will have either a Classified or a P6T6. but $450?
:swearing: guess it's worth it for such awesomely leet board
EDIT: am i the only one that noticed that it's an EATX board? i never knew that, did u guys?
For use with the evga psu for extreme overclocking type scenario. Still works fine with normal psu i believe

·
Registered
186 Posts
Ordered mine at 3:15pm before anyone else.

So the phone conversation went a little like this:

Jacob: "hey man it's Jacob from EVGA"

me: "oh hey man what's up?"

Jacob: "so....you still want that board?"

me:
*swallows* "oh definitely man!"

Jacob: "sweet, its going in stock right now"

*drops phone*

In all honestly, I can officially say that I haven't camped out longer for anything else in my entire life.

The launch of the PS3 was pretty bad, I'll admit - the fist fights, the riot that I was stuck in the middle of, the chaos unfolding with police just sitting in their cars watching us and doing nothing - it was bad. But after we got our vouchers, the camping experience was amazingly fun!

I have lost countless days of sleep over this well-crafted piece of technology, more perfectly engineered than anything I have ever seen before.
Glad to have been a part of this.

·
Premium Member
6,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NCspecV81 View Post
well there are people who are in the step up (hence me) that have not budged with the position they are in line. I really don't think these are out yet as I think they merely paper launched it to save face. However, when you get it please post some pictures that way I'll be proven otherwise.
You didn't receive the e-mail about getting your board yet? What number are you at? Just paid for mine and waiting for my approval. I can't wait to get this baby here.

Back on topic: nice, it's good to see this in stock and for sale.

·
Premium Member
5,430 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by USFORCES View Post
God, I'd love to order one but I must resist no upgrades till the 32nm if it supported it I would, then again by the time 32nm comes out this board will be $300

the 32nm i7 cpu's will work on this board. Same socket last I checked.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:

God, I'd love to order one but I must resist no upgrades till the 32nm if it supported it I would, then again by the time 32nm comes out this board will be $300

This board is basically guaranteed to work with the 32nm Gulftown six-core CPUs that release in Q1 2010. All that's required is a BIOS update for the new microcode. No need to worry, the X58 platform is going to stay for quite some time
(past Q1 2010 to say the least)

·
Premium Member
8,509 Posts
Really awhile back everyone said it wouldn't so much for that hey.

Isn't this board going to be limited because by the time 32nm comes out I'm sure it will be a little cheaper if there is any also if I buy one now it will probably just sit until 32nm and I don't want to buy DDR3 quite yet, hmm

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:

Really awhile back everyone said it wouldn't so much for that hey.

Isn't this board going to be limited because by the time 32nm comes out I'm sure it will be a little cheaper if there is any also if I buy one now it will probably just sit until 32nm and I don't want to buy DDR3 quite yet, hmm
Why don't you want to buy DDR3? Do you realize how LOW the prices on 1600MHz CL7 high-end kits have gotten to??

6GB (3 x 2GB) OCZ Platinum DDR3 1600MHz 7-7-7-24 - $89.99!!

Review done by BenchmarkReviews.com:

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.ph...=260&Itemid=67

Seriously, this is some great RAM at a more than affordable price.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts