Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't get anything out of it other than a flashing blue light next to the 24 pin PSU plug. I've pulled CMOS battery, ATX plugs, GPU, everything...just won't turn on.

Everything worked fine 3 hours ago when in my old case. Pulled everything out and put it in the new case, and I can't get anything out of the mobo.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
triple-checked that all the cables and components are fully seated? Also, make sure the standoff screws on the motherboard tray are not making contact with the mobo where they shouldn't be.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Board tested fine when out of the case...put it back in, same problem. I can't find a single issue with standoffrs though.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Board tested fine when out of the case...put it back in, same problem. I can't find a single issue with standoffrs though.
Will if its fine out of the case, but doesn't work in the case, i'd say you might have a grounding issue. If you're sure all the standoffs go to a hole on the mobo, then look around and see if anything is touching anything else where its not supposed to be

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hmmmm....is it possibly the backplate for the Megashadow, and if so, how can I fix the issue?

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No test yet, but from how it's looking right now, one of the USB cables from the front panel in the mini p180 is causing the grounding issue.

·
Premium Member
3,352 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
Hmmmm....is it possibly the backplate for the Megashadow, and if so, how can I fix the issue?
I had a similar problem with the backplate for my XT... it was touching some pins on the bottomside of the mobo.

But as long as the backplate for the cpu cooler isn't conducting electricity, then it shouldn't matter if it touches the case. I guess, if you wanted, slip a square of cardboard or a folded up plastic grocery bag between the plate and the case. This wont be good for your cpu temps, but it will stop any grounding or shorting out if thats whats happening.

EDIT: also unplug that usb. Unlikley but its possible its causing problems

·
Filthy Casual
8,653 Posts
Ya, the front USBs on the Mini P180 suck. That may be the issue.

·
Registered
3,450 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Front USB header was the problem....huge pain as I never expected it, and pulled the mobo (and all parts) 3 different times before I just started putting stuff in one by one with the power on. Not safe I know, but 5 hours for a throw together build is way too long.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts