Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys so im talking about my sig rig, and for some reason, i cant not cahnge my cpu vcore voltage at all, if i change it to anyhitng besided auto the pc shuts off and turns back on and then turns off again(never ending cycle)

Do u guys think that the mobo or the cpu.

also i can not change my ram settings to anyhtign either.

i dont know what is going on

·
Registered
118 Posts
most likely board, but i would take the CPU out and check to make sure there are not bent pins on the board, i know i've had a few x58 boards that had bent pins that had some weird issues, mostly ram issue. worth it to check i think.

-D

·
Premium Member
4,415 Posts
My boss has had 3 fail differently in the past few months. Seems boards go bad, I don't really have an explanation and neither did Evga.

Just RMA it, the process is pretty easy. I've been handling all my boss' RMAs.

·

13,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205
View Post

hey guys so im talking about my sig rig, and for some reason, i cant not cahnge my cpu vcore voltage at all, if i change it to anyhitng besided auto the pc shuts off and turns back on and then turns off again(never ending cycle)

Do u guys think that the mobo or the cpu.

also i can not change my ram settings to anyhtign either.

i dont know what is going on

Try and reflash the bios or the latest bios for your mobo.

Bios could be corrupt.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SniperXX
View Post

My boss has had 3 fail differently in the past few months. Seems boards go bad, I don't really have an explanation and neither did Evga.

Just RMA it, the process is pretty easy. I've been handling all my boss' RMAs.

this. exactly this. i've rma'd mine twice already, with similar issues to the ones you're describing.

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205 View Post
What's ovp or ocp
i dunno but?
ovp= overvolt problem
ocp = overclock problem XD?

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
over voltage protection and over current protection all motherboards have them in place, its a problem for people under LN2, most of the time you need to hardmod and have a special bios, but if things get ****edup they can be overly protective in a sense, iver never seen it happen nor have i seen what your saying happen, but anything can happen these are fragile electronics.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts