Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, when I turn on my computer my display doesn't display anything until I'm at the login screen to windows. Does anyone know why this is happening?

I have to blindly press "del" to get into the bios because I can't see anything.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Are you talking about the splash screen not showing up? There's an option in the BIOS to display that or not.

You don't get anything before Windows? No hardware lists/storage mode/etc. in plain DOS-type display?

I had a video card that used to do that. Think it was an 8800GTS. Would never seem to display anything from cold boot. Warm boot/reboot showed everything though if I remember correctly.

·
Bigger is Always Better
1,115 Posts
Also, there should be a BIOS option that can select "fast boot" and it might be canceling the splash screen

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the splash screen disabled, but I'm talking about the post screen that lists the cpu and stuff like that. I see it sometimes, but most of the time it's not displayed.

I've had the same problem when I was running 4890's in crossfire.

·
Premium Member
6,774 Posts
Sometimes min takes longer than usual, but it usually alway show something before windows. Sometimes I get the "Beep" some times not...

Try enabling the splash screen and see if it helps.

Also save your OC profile, and then load optimized. Boot to windows, then shut down and see what happens...

Could be that your bios loads faster then the display comes on.
Maybe a bios update?

·
Premium Member
3,475 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by interitus
View Post

another thought.

If you're using hdmi, it won't display until the driver loads.

this

·
Banned
1,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Interitus
View Post

Another thought.

If you're using HDMI, it won't display until the driver loads.

I have HDMI and it displays splash screen etc.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmmm Not using HDMI and I just upgraded my bios.

I found this option in the BIOS, "Reserved RC For Bridge" it's disabled . Should I enable it ? not sure what it does.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts