Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well..you can guess what just arrived in the mail today.

I got the Core i7 965 Extreme and Patriot memory on November 16th, a day before launch. Now that the board is here, it's time to put it all together.

*Thread will be updated as I make progress. Specs in sig. Enjoy.

(pics taken with iPhone 3G)

By the way, the GTX 280 box was signed by k|ngp|n at NVISION 08.

Here's the included Visual Guide if anyone's interested:

6GB of Patriot Extreme Performance Viper Series DDR3 1600MHz 9-9-9-24 in triple-channel config on the EVGA X58 SLI

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Looks wonderful!! i am one jealous SOB right now. please keep us posted on the performance.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
Nice! This is probably gonna be my Core i7 mobo, if I can't spring for the Rampage II Extreme.

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,822 Posts
One up on the tech market.

Hopefully, after all is set-up, the system proves to be a stable/solid overclocker considering all the new and unproven hardware it has to deal with (CPU/RAM/MOBO/Bios)!!!

Good luck!

·
Banned
734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Solertia
View Post

Nice! This is probably gonna be my Core i7 mobo, if I can't spring for the Rampage II Extreme.

they are about the same price

·
Registered
833 Posts
can you do Xfire or is it only SLI?

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Looks pretty awesome I must say! I'm jealous, I'm wanting to get my i7 system built, but need to get rid of my Gskill DDR3 1600 RAM(it's not the lower voltage type x58 needs), 790i and 780i motherboards and Q6600 processors before I start. But some time down the road I will get my Core i7 set up going

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackjack23
View Post

can you do Xfire or is it only SLI?

You can do both CrossFire and SLI with the X58 chipset.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts