Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,276 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,454 Posts
Considering the current 4870 prices, why would anyone buy this?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,635 Posts
thoughts;

With the 4870s falling down to $150 real soon, only someone who hasn't done their research would want to buy this.

I think ATI has an extremely solid grasp on the "biggest bang per buck" title right now.

Well... all this competition is good for us because in return we get cheaper and more advanced hardware
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,775 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by bavarianblessed
View Post

Considering the current 4870 prices, why would anyone buy this?

Because all the n00bs will be like "OMG GTS250! Nvidia's new card is awesome! So much better than that crappy 9000 series..."

Lol. Nvidia fails.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,334 Posts
It's not the same as the 8800GT at least. Clocks are quite a bit higher. My XFX runs at 600 core, that's pushing 750
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,374 Posts
Loyalty. Come on guys, think outside your boxes. I will never own an ATI product as long as nV exists, because they gave me boatloads of issues on two seperate cards and were never willing to help me, and would not accept an RMA of the card because they said it was driver issues. They always pointed me to their newest driver, which was my problem to begin with, BOTH TIMES. I'm ok with losing afew percentage points of raw power for the same price if it keeps me away from ATI. You may not agree, but you don't have to.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,764 Posts
Way too high price wise, absolutely idiotic for Nvidia to release the card at that price considering the HD4870 512MB which will be quite a bit faster is CHEAPER!( I got my DK TOP version for $145 last week) DEE DEE DEE Nvidia.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by version2 View Post
The rebranding ends up costing them (and us) more money. I just don't get it.
uhm NO. 1gb 9800gtx+s were a lot more than $150. and 512 GTS 250s will be $130. They are cheaper, smaller, and use less power than 9800GTX+s, and if you must got nvidia they are a good bang for the buck and a much better bang for the buck than the 9800GTX+.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,741 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

uhm NO. 1gb 9800gtx+s were a lot more than $150. and 512 GTS 250s will be $130. They are cheaper, smaller, and use less power than 9800GTX+s, and if you must got nvidia they are a good bang for the buck and a much better bang for the buck than the 9800GTX+.

While it will (hopefully) be cheaper, the GTS250 is the EXACT same card as the 9800GTX+, same 55nm process, same clocks, same cooler, the only differences are the sticker and the name in the BIOS.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by urgrandpasdog
View Post

While it will (hopefully) be cheaper, the GTS250 is the EXACT same card as the 9800GTX+, same 55nm process, same clocks, same cooler, the only differences are the sticker and the name in the BIOS.

nope.
gts 250=9" long, 1 pci-e connector. refference gtx+=10.5" long, 2 pci-e connectors. I believe the gpu is the same but its got a new pcb and obviously a new cooler (its gotta be smaller).
 

·
4.0ghz
Joined
·
4,563 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sgdude
View Post

nope.
gts 250=9" long, 1 pci-e connector. refference gtx+=10.5" long, 2 pci-e connectors. I believe the gpu is the same but its got a new pcb and obviously a new cooler (its gotta be smaller).

Card is same size and cooler also looks like 8800GTS 512.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,616 Posts
If this thing can manage to be around $220 AUD I may consider it. Otherwise I will wait.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,985 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by kpo6969
View Post

Card is same size and cooler also looks like 8800GTS 512.

yes it is the same size as the gts 512, (but the gtx+ is bigger).

at wheels: the GTS 250 has 128 shader cores, just like the:
8800GTS 512 (g92)
8800GTX (g80)
8800 Ultra (g80)
9800GTX (g92)
9800GTX+ (g92b)
 
1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Top