Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
3,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Quote:
Notch's brainchild Minecraft will be playing a new venue on May 9th as it heads to Xbox 360 to serenade a whole new segment of gamers with its siren's call. But will the core PC gaming crowd follow the Mojang sensation to its new home?
Quote:
A survey of over 20,500 gamers conducted on Curse's minecraftforum.net indicates that 68% plan to pick up the new version of the title. It gets more interesting - Of the 84% that already own a console, a massive 90% plan to pick up the Xbox 360 version.
Source

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Split screen 4-player co-op and a built in recipe wiki.

I for one am getting this when I get home later. I don't have another rig so this is a great to play it with my GF.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Honestly, I think its a great idea and people should get it only if they have a console and don't have a pc or don't have one that will play minecraft like a netbook. But honestly i love the OCN community you get to make a connection with the members and really enjoy playing.

·
Overclocker
2,735 Posts
Now as long as they do not proceed to forget about PC gaming (i.e. call of duty), then this isn't a bad thing at all.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Console version isn't being developed by Mojang.

Maybe if you stopped whining about stuff (in this case there isn't even anything to whine about) you might actually get nice things. The current PC gaming scene is pretty fantastic right now and its only getting better.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I might buy an xbox version for my nephew to play with, but I wouldn't bother for myself. I already have the pc minecraft, so why would I want to downgrade to the inevitably inferior xbox version?

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Pretty cool, but no easily downloadable mods which IMO is the only reason minecraft is any fun (user made mods)

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Gamers playing MC on the PC like me will not want to move to the console version. The 360 version is based on beta 1.8 witch means there's a lot of features missing. On top of that 360 cant play on pc servers and of course no mods. All i play of mc now is a modded sp and a large stock mp server so i don't see why anyone that can play it now on the pc would want to play it on the console,

·
Registered
3,808 Posts
I imagine the 360 version does well. The pc version however was so hyped and got so popular for awhile there that i doubt the 360 version can match it in sales. Most games do better on consoles to but this one was just built for pc and had so much goodwill i dont see it happening.

·
Registered
5,956 Posts
Quote:
According to the survey, 42% of the respondents who plan to buy the Xbox version are driven by the passion they feel for the game. Minecraft fans are so devoted that they don't mind spending the 1,600 Microsoft points ($20) for the console version even though they already own the game on PC.
Yea... not in my lifetime. I was double charged and they never fixed it, no way I'd pay another $20 (60$ total) for something that will be no where as versatile as it's PC counterpart.

For some reason I thought they'd charge $5 for it because of the porting process, and then you'd be able to use you already existing minecraft account.

Le sigh.

GLWS Mojang!

·
Super Moderator
14,128 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrizzleBoy View Post

What is the draw for the 360 version for the people who own it on PC?
This is just what I was thinking, if you already have it on PC why bother getting it on the 360?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
blocky.... i guess we finally found a game that consoles can display at max settings

1 - 20 of 121 Posts