Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you guys think? It's a recert XB271HU bmiprz I just received... has like 3-4 dead/stuck pixels on the edges, a weird glowy blob in the bottom middle of the panel, and this level of IPS glow.. Should I be returning it?

https://imgur.com/a/XwJMf

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
That BLB looks like its very extreme and also the dead pixels exceeds the acceptable amount.

·
Premium Member
3,880 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That BLB looks like its very extreme and also the dead pixels exceeds the acceptable amount.
Kamusta! Immediately saw your location - number of relatives over there actually as well as in Camiguin and Southern Leyte. Moved over here when I was 9 but have visited several times.

And yeah - Is the general way to test for IPS Glow to use a black background and in a darkened room? It's not quite as prominent when the lights are on... And IPS Glow is different from BLB, right?

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
Kamusta! Immediately saw your location - number of relatives over there actually as well as in Camiguin and Southern Leyte. Moved over here when I was 9 but have visited several times.

And yeah - Is the general way to test for IPS Glow to use a black background and in a darkened room? It's not quite as prominent when the lights are on... And IPS Glow is different from BLB, right?
All is great, still hunting for a 'perfect monitor' lol!

I would say the best way to test it is with the lighting condition that you game on the monitor if that includes with all the lights off then that is very valid IMO. Yes IPS glow is different it usually changes the farther you are from the monitor or it starts to vanish the moment you center view viewing angle on the spot with an IPS glow, your photo looks like it is BLB. Does your monitor look like that IRL ?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Any bleed in the bottom middle can be eliminated by loosening the screw behind the predator logo but that glow looks terrible. Probably the worst I've seen on this monitor unless your camera is really exaggerating it.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You shouldn't really ever have the monitor over 40% brightness unless you are in a super bright office or room. 40% already gets you up to about 120-130cd/m2 (I just calibrated mine last night, so I know).

With a full screen black terminal, there's some corner glow, but nothing that's really visible by the human eye.

·
Registered
159 Posts
My unit is pretty uniform black, most of the stuff you see in my photo is just from reflected light sources in my room... Here's another comparison I just took with controlled lighting.

All shots are 1/60th f/2.8 @ iso800

Lights off

Lights on

The above image viewed on my monitor and photo taken at the same exposure (my monitor brightness is still a tad brighter than ambient)

With the lights on in the room in my normal working lighting, the blacks are pretty uniform. It's really only in a pitch black room where the glow starts to show up.

This isn't an issue because the monitor is never used in a pitch black room.

-- Dave

1 - 11 of 11 Posts