Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX480/470 will soon be officially released, but because of NDA reasons, the specific parameters is still not been confirmed recently MyDrivers revealed that the frequency information of the two graphics cards.

According to MyDrivers said they called from the domestic one, "Yu Wei Electronics (You Will)" graphics card vendor, he gave to the GTX400 series graphics cards the exact frequency information: GeForce GTX480 core frequency of 600-625MHz, uses Samsung 0.4ns GDDR5 memory particles, the composition of 384bit/1536MB specifications, while the memory frequency of 2000MHz (4000MHz DDR);

GeForce GTX470 core clock was 600MHz, the GDDR5 memory with 0.5ns particles formed 320bit/1280MB specifications, memory frequency of the same for 2000MHz (4000MHz DDR).

Source

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
RAM looks pretty speedy, but I wish the core were faster! Looks like they had some heat limitations to work with or something.

Oh well, I guess I'll have to do it myself...

+rep, good find.

·
Registered
2,819 Posts
600-625 is what my 8800GTs have by Stock.

If they're easy to OC... I hope my EK-VGA and copper heatsink can keep up with it.

·
Iconoclast
30,430 Posts
"memory particles" is an interesting way of translating that.

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitche01
View Post

Wikipedia (which is not reliable) has some more detail:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compari...rce_400_Series

Although i will say they have questio marks against most of the specs

I've seen those for quite a while now but I have no idea where they got that info from.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0
View Post

I've seen those for quite a while now but I have no idea where they got that info from.

I know - that is one of the many problems with Wikipedia - no citation for the information detailled - only some links to relevent topics at the bottom of the pages.

But if the 600-625 GPU core is acturate from what you have seen, then maybe some of the other figures coudl be acurate.

·
Registered
664 Posts
625 clocks with that massive cooler? Unless you're on water your house will be a few degrees warmer with a Fermi folding.
I like the ram speeds, but the core speeds are just crap.

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PickledStiff View Post
Unless you're on water your house will be a few degrees warmer with a Fermi folding.
Actually, it's the same heat load into the air whether you get it there with a water loop or an air cooler.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mitche01 View Post
I know - that is one of the many problems with Wikipedia - no citation for the information detailled - only some links to relevent topics at the bottom of the pages.

But if the 600-625 GPU core is acturate from what you have seen, then maybe some of the other figures coudl be acurate.

I call fail. IMHO What would be the point of having a new 40nm processor clocked at the last generations clock speeds?

Who's processor was using half as many transistors and 65nm fab. I'm not sure I could call that progress.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
I think the only reason they have it set at 625 or whatever is to meet the 300W specification. It can probably go much higher, but if it exceeded the PCI-e specs, OEMs would not sell computers with the card in it.

·
Premium Member
9,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DrFPS View Post
I call fail. IMHO What would be the point of having a new 40nm processor clocked at the last generations clock speeds?

Who's processor was using half as many transistors and 65nm fab. I'm not sure I could call that progress.
You kind of forgot that this has double the shader processors, and an architectural change that makes comparing clock speeds irrelevant.

Using your logic, the i7 920 would be a fail since the Q6600 and older kentsfield based quads have the same clocks.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts