Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been doing some research and I still can't decide whether to get the DFI Lanparty NF4 UT SLi-D/R/Expert. I've read that there has been many issues with the expert, but still something inside me wants me to get it. So, if money is not an issue, which should I get? Also, keep in mind that when I get the motherboard I will also be buying the new parts listed in my sig.

·
Registered
219 Posts
first of alll...no mobo out there matches the dfi's in oc capabilies =] and also go witht he expert, the only way you get fried cpus is by setting the volts TOO high...and by that i mean like 2.0 with air... and also in the end if you end up deciding you want tyhe sli-d then realize for like 40-50$ less you can get a ultra-d instead, and modd it to sli and you have the exact same board sans the EXTRA 4 sata ports... thats what i did =] hope this helps -trey

ps.. i have have.had an asus a8n and they suck in load times at start up...well compared to the dfi's...and trust me the start loads SUCK...

·
Banned
218 Posts
forget that get the Asus A8n32 its more stable and overclocking is great!! I heard two people comparaing the expert with the a8n32 with 3700+ sandys and they got the same results only the Asus was slighty better. so overclocking is better on DFI? opinion if you want facts look around and you'll see that they are ver similar.

·
Banned
5,844 Posts
the problem was fixed with a bios update. But experts were hard to find (i dunno about now) and there nto THAT much different save the money and get the SLI-DR i have one and love it

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
you can get the experts all over the place now. I got mine about a week ago. the new bios is supposed to fix the cpu frying bug... and mine came w/ the new bios preloaded. I haven't gotten a chance to learn what everythign in the bios does and oc my new cpu yet, but i'm hoping to sometime soon. All I can say is that this board is much more capable than my Asus A8N-SLI deluxe

·
Registered
676 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay...I'm still stuck between the SLi-DR and the expert, and can someone please tell me the differences between the two, because as far as I know the only difference is that the expert has had a lot more problems. And I thought briefly about getting a A8N-32 but the reason I'm getting a DFI is for more ocing options, and mainly for more vcore. Asus in general has very low vcore settings in less you hard mod them.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by foxracing4500

forget that get the Asus A8n32 its more stable and overclocking is great!! I heard two people comparaing the expert with the a8n32 with 3700+ sandys and they got the same results only the Asus was slighty better. so overclocking is better on DFI? opinion if you want facts look around and you'll see that they are ver similar.

....with the cmos jumper under the second 16x slot it makes it 10x the work when reseting bios if your running sli. simply put it is a ******ed design

·
Registered
4,744 Posts
This is easy, if your running TCCD get the sli-dr, the expert does not currently play well with TCCD. If you have bh/utt get the expert, it's an awsome board.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Not to change the subject but, i have a bunch of parts sitting here on my bench awaiting an assembly... Of these parts are a AMD opty 154 and a DFI lanparty sli ut expert..... Im nervous now...What should i do to make this Expert not have any probs.? I dont want to fry a $900 proccessor....

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
You'll be fine. just make sure you install the new bios and you'll be good to go.

And, I have heard the exact opposite... the Expert works better w/ TCCD than the DR. All I can say with certianty is that I have TCCD RAM in my Expert and I haven't had any problems.

·
Banned
658 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by soloz2

You'll be fine. just make sure you install the new bios and you'll be good to go.

And, I have heard the exact opposite... the Expert works better w/ TCCD than the DR. All I can say with certianty is that I have TCCD RAM in my Expert and I haven't had any problems.

No the Expert will work alright with TCCD but it has problems keeping 1T at high FSB's. The Expert was designed for UTT and BH-5.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts