Overclock.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 910 Posts

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: The page is down. Removed because they probably posted the pictures too early I reckon. Oh well, I already took a copy of them so no problem
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Nvidia has detailed its latest high end graphics card, the GTX Titan, confirming its existence with some impressive numbers that should cement its position as the world's fastest GPU.

Built around the GK110 Tesla technology first used in the Titan supercomputer - hence the name - the GTX Titan is Nvidia's most powerful graphics card to date, with a whopping 2,688 CUDA cores and 7.1 billion transistors, which produce 4,500 Gigaflops of processing power. Each card comes with 6GB of GDDR5 RAM, running along a 384-bit interface which should be more than sufficient for playing the latest games at above HD resolution. It's DirextX 11.1 compatible, so should support all the latest graphics tweaks such as tessellation, and Nvidia's own PhysX physics effects.
Quote:
Designed as a single-GPU replacement for the current top-end GTX 690, which is actually two GTX 680 cores bolted to one PCB, the GTX Titan promises improved performance while using less power and producing less heat. A redesigned cooler with an extended aluminium heat stack dissipates heat faster than Nvidia's current design, while the 90mm fan is tied to both RPM and voltage control to more accurately determine when to kick in. With a TDP of 250w, you'll certainly need it.
Quote:
Perhaps more exciting news is the addition of GPU Boost 2.0, an evolution of the software introduced with Nvidia's 600-series graphics cards. Built into the video driver, GPU Boost 2.0 will let Titan owners overclock and overvolt their cards, with higher limits than with previous cards and optimisations for water-cooling setups.
http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/graphics-cards/1297972/nvidia-gtx-titan-graphics-card-announced

·
Registered
30 Posts
And still no price or release date.
Quote:
Originally Posted by marc0053 View Post

Why compare 3-way sli Titan with quad sli gtx 690 and not 1 titan vs 1 gtx 690?
Because it would lose against the 690

·
Premium Member
8,480 Posts
"Perhaps more exciting news is the addition of GPU Boost 2.0, an evolution of the software introduced with Nvidia's 600-series graphics cards. Built into the video driver, GPU Boost 2.0 will let Titan owners overclock and overvolt their cards, with higher limits than with previous cards and optimisations for water-cooling setups."

wheee.gif

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by CallsignVega View Post

"Perhaps more exciting news is the addition of GPU Boost 2.0, an evolution of the software introduced with Nvidia's 600-series graphics cards. Built into the video driver, GPU Boost 2.0 will let Titan owners overclock and overvolt their cards, with higher limits than with previous cards and optimisations for water-cooling setups."

wheee.gif
Oh yes I noticed that one
biggrin.gif

·
Premium Member
6,181 Posts
This is the quote from the article
Quote:
The one sticking price will almost certainly be the price - Nvidia would only confirm RRP pricing with us today, as it will be up to its hardware partners to set their own prices when the cards launch later this week, but you'll easily be paying over £800 per card. We'll have to wait until then to see whether the benchmark scores can back up Nvidia's claims that the Titan is the fastest card around, but the early indications look promising.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheza View Post

Mentioned to be 'later this week'

RRP of over £800 which I expect would mean around $1,100 - $1,200 maybe? Or are UK prices even more ridiculous than I thought when compared to the US?
if its 800 UK then it will be about the same in USD... So 799-899

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Quote:

Im curious what sli Titan would bring vs. 690 sli. According to the chart it might be much closer then we originally thought. In fact 690sli would be faster in some cases according to the chart.

·
Banned
1,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
They just removed the article. Nobody else have posted any news about Titan so I guess they were a little early so they had to pull it. Good thing I copied the pictures before that happend

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Something's gone wrong

We can't find the page you're looking for, try checking the address you typed in. If this happens a lot you can email us at [email protected] and we'll have to look into it.

·
Looking Ahead
13,043 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAr View Post

Realese date any one?
Last I heard was 21st available in stores and reviews may be out 19th or 21st also.

Quote:

The title says fastest gaming system, but I guess Titan is slower than a 690 so it wouldn't look impressive. They should have stacked it up against a 680 as well IMO...

·
Premium Member
20,375 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by elletrix View Post

And still no price or release date.
Because it would lose against the 690
it should be cheaper than the 690, then. i predict $600.

1 - 20 of 910 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.