Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Source

BEST PRICE IT HAS EVER BEEN AT SINCE THIS UNIT WAS RELEASED.

Deal open for 22 hours from this post being submitted. Eligible for Free Standard Shipping. And since it is B&H, basically no tax for most states either.

This is literally the best for the money pure sine wave UPS that you are going to get. And best for the money that you are going to get for a UPS of this size. And will work with ALL PSUs, rather than playing roulette with your PSU/UPS if your PSU has APFC (Active Power Factor Correction), which most newer PSUs have.

Personal note, this unit has performed incredibly well for me (have three of them, 2 1500VAs, and 1 1350VA units). Extremely silent and no audible buzz (unless you put your ear right next to the unit) when it is on battery. Also works as a power conditioner to boot.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Nice deal.
thumb.gif

I own three 1350VA units I bought at Costco for $100 plus tax. All three are silent and running perfectly. If you overload one with too much power from the devices you've attached, it will beep at you. The LED Display isn't overly bright but just right for my taste. Costco currently has the 1400VA unit going for $135 plus tax so $138 is a very sweet deal from B&H today.

·
Registered
283 Posts
so i just did a quick readup on UPS types. so this UPS should be ideal for my plasma tv since it uses pure sinewave?

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by doco View Post

so i just did a quick readup on UPS types. so this UPS should be ideal for my plasma tv since it uses pure sinewave?
Supposedly non-pure sine wave units can cause conflicts with Active PFC PSUs. I've been having some power issues between my UPS and PSU, and after the second time in a row, I just started looking into this type of thing. I missed the deal this had on Amazon during Black Friday deals, so I'm glad this was posted. I've been needing a higher capacity UPS for a bit.

Thanks
thumb.gif
!

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrgk View Post

How long does this keep my computer running when the power goes out? I got a 1200w psu. Prolly use 900 under load.

Looks like a nice unit
You would be pushing it if your setup draws 900W at full load. Probably 5-6 minutes at max if you are at load when this switches over to battery. And you have to have equal or less than 900W.

For example, my 435w under load total draw gives me about 12-14 minutes.

So as long as you can maintain equal or less than 900w under load off this unit, you would have ample time to shut everything down. And the program that comes with these units that you can install on your computer and connect this unit via USB to your computer does actually work quite well. And barely takes ANY system resources (way better than APC's stupid PowerChute program). And you can set that to automatically turn your computer off depending on the amount of power left on your UPS.

Overall, I can personally say these are a very nice unit. And the best basically your money can buy for the average consumer (until you get into server rack mounted UPSs).

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonnin View Post

Looks like it's been that price for months? Huge price disparity between retailers for a long time if thats so.
http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cyberpower-ups-cp1500pfclcd

PCPartpicker is bugged out on the price. It doesn't even show the Amazon Black Friday deal on this, which was $139.99, which was one day only and was the lowest price ever recorded at any retailer for this unit. It definitely hasn't been $137.95 the entire time at B&H. This unit normally retails north of $180 (and $180 is still a good price for it).

·
Premium Member
5,985 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

You would be pushing it if your setup draws 900W at full load. Probably 5-6 minutes at max if you are at load when this switches over to battery. And you have to have equal or less than 900W.

For example, my 435w under load total draw gives me about 12-14 minutes.

So as long as you can maintain equal or less than 900w under load off this unit, you would have ample time to shut everything down. And the program that comes with these units that you can install on your computer and connect this unit via USB to your computer does actually work quite well. And barely takes ANY system resources (way better than APC's stupid PowerChute program). And you can set that to automatically turn your computer off depending on the amount of power left on your UPS.

Overall, I can personally say these are a very nice unit. And the best basically your money can buy for the average consumer (until you get into server rack mounted UPSs).
Seems so. I wouldn't think one retailer would be so much lower than all others for that long.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
The Cyberpower Sine Units are not really designed for Enthusiast PC Rigs. Get a different UPS for Power PC's. For instance, my sig will only keep power for 2min if I attached it with my LCD which is fine for a power surge, but not for a power outage. I use my three to back up 55/75" HDTV's, 140/150wt AVR's, Directv DVR's, XBONE, MAC Mini 2014, Linux Box 250wt PSU onboard GPU, Switches, powered house phone.

For kicks and giggles, I hooked it up to my PC seen in my sig and it lasted over one minute but under two minutes before the UPS went to the last bar of battery power and started beeping fast paced and loud. I have the 1350VA though.

·
Premium Member
5,115 Posts
l have the 1350VA model as well as a smaller 600VA and although it does function as advertised as a UPS the battery life rating is not even close to where it should be. I've never had that problem with APC... Sometimes you do get what you pay for I suppose.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2play View Post

The Cyberpower Sine Units are not really designed for Enthusiast PC Rigs. Get a different UPS for Power PC's. For instance, my sig will only keep power for 2min if I attached it with my LCD which is fine for a power surge, but not for a power outage. I use my three to back up 55/75" HDTV's, 140/150wt AVR's, Directv DVR's, XBONE, MAC Mini 2014, Linux Box 250wt PSU onboard GPU, Switches, powered house phone.

For kicks and giggles, I hooked it up to my PC seen in my sig and it lasted over one minute but under two minutes before the UPS went to the last bar of battery power and started beeping fast paced and loud. I have the 1350VA though.
Why on earth would you be putting your sig rig, which is beyond the draw of a 1350VA unit....on a unit that doesn't even have the proper wattage requirements to power that setup? Your receiver itself is capable of pulling an absurd amount of power in itself. You shouldn't even be plugging in a receiver into a UPS because of the sheer power draw of those electronics.

My entire rigbuilder setup is connected to a single 1500VA unit, and I get 12-14 minutes of power on battery at load on my computer (P95 AND Unigine Heaven running at the same time, completely unrealistic). And yes, I've tested that I get that full duration of battery power. These are beyond designed for almost all enthusiast rigs, except maybe those running 3+ high end GPUs at a time.

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
I only get power surges in my area since 1995. Only extremely do I get power outages. That said, backing up your PC without a LCD is redundant unless you trust the power button to safely shut down your PC.

That said, if you have a SSD as your primary OS Drive, a power outage abrupt shutdown is much less likely to crash your OS or SSD as if you had a mechanical HDD installed.

That said, my sig PC 1200wt PSU and Steambox PC 1000wt PSU is backed up by a Tripp Lite OMNIVS1500 1500VA EACH exclusively. Please keep in mind, the PSU doesn't DRAW the rated max power. It draws what it needs at a given moment in time. Same with a GPU needing its allotted power. This has been much reduced by Intel, AMD, and nVidia in the past five years.

It has nothing to due with my other three 1350VA SINE and three 650VA SINE CyberPower UPS units I use currently. But as you might be able to tell, I liked being backed up. I even have my radio alarm clock backed up along with my cell phone and night lamp light on a different UPS brand.

·
Senioritis Member
8,360 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennybrig View Post

Oh $h*t i just bought this exact same unit for $175 on newegg...

Damn
Don't feel bad; I paid $215 + tax.

This is a smoking deal for an excellent UPS.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk2play View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinaesthetic View Post

Why on earth would you be putting your sig rig, which is beyond the draw of a 1350VA unit....on a unit that doesn't even have the proper wattage requirements to power that setup? Your receiver itself is capable of pulling an absurd amount of power in itself. You shouldn't even be plugging in a receiver into a UPS because of the sheer power draw of those electronics.

My entire rigbuilder setup is connected to a single 1500VA unit, and I get 12-14 minutes of power on battery at load on my computer (P95 AND Unigine Heaven running at the same time, completely unrealistic). And yes, I've tested that I get that full duration of battery power. These are beyond designed for almost all enthusiast rigs, except maybe those running 3+ high end GPUs at a time.
I was kinda wondering this as well. My PSU is a bit overkill, but actual power draw of my system still fits well within the confines of this unit. I'm upgrading to this over a 600VA unit I had before and it's kept my system on even at load for a minute or two. I've had nothing but good things to say about my old 600VA unit. This one I just ordered has an ETA of tomorrow by 2PM, so I'm prettttty excited. Thanks again, Kinaesthetic.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Fitzgerald View Post

Don't feel bad; I paid $215 + tax.

This is a smoking deal for an excellent UPS.
Well i guess you are right, i have a TriSli rig (980TIs) and i fried my 4k monitor when connecting it to a faulty power strip..
when that happened i decided to protect my entire rig. I hope this UPS meet that task..

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
FYI these CyberPower Units will BEEP if you overload them when plugged into AC Power. They won't allow a overload. The test is after a full charge, how long does the battery backup actually last with your setup. Time matters and don't lie

1 - 18 of 18 Posts