Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,858 Posts
I have the old Pixio PX277, and it is an amazing monitor. 27 inch, 1440p, IPS panel, 144hz. The only issue is I had to manually use CRU to adjust the FreeSync range (60 - 144 IIRC) to get it to work right. This monitor looks to be EVEN better because it has a better base, barely any bezel, and better FreeSync range of 30 - 144hz. I haven't had to contact customer service, but I've even heard good experiences from people who have needed to use them.

All in all, you're not going to get a better panel for the money.

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And it's thin!

Side note: masterpass is still working on turkey day. Another $25 off. Good luck.

·
Registered
1,727 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dopamin3 View Post

I have the old Pixio PX277, and it is an amazing monitor. 27 inch, 1440p, IPS panel, 144hz. The only issue is I had to manually use CRU to adjust the FreeSync range (60 - 144 IIRC) to get it to work right. This monitor looks to be EVEN better because it has a better base, barely any bezel, and better FreeSync range of 30 - 144hz. I haven't had to contact customer service, but I've even heard good experiences from people who have needed to use them.

All in all, you're not going to get a better panel for the money.
How do you know this is the new one and not the old one?

I see it on amazon as well and I do kind of want to jump on it. Debating on whether to get this or the 32 inch Samsung monitor with similar features (144hz at 1440p)

·
Registered
795 Posts
If anyone's interested the Nixeus EDG 27 is going for $370 at NewEgg, I just bought one.

It has thicker bezels but the stand is adjustable and the FreeSync range (30-144Hz) works pretty good supposedly, with great overdrive settings.

I thought about the Pixio but I haven't heard much about the company and the monitor is too new, I don't like buying recently released products, there's always problems.

• Rep+
Reactions: kd5151

·
Registered
3,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xutnubu View Post

If anyone's interested the Nixeus EDG 27 is going for $370 at NewEgg, I just bought one.

It has thicker bezels but the stand is adjustable and the FreeSync range (30-144Hz) works pretty good supposedly, with great overdrive settings.

I thought about the Pixio but I haven't heard much about the company and the monitor is too new, I don't like buying recently released products, there's always problems.
My brother bought this monitor when it first came out on mass drop. I recommend it. Take your pick!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts