Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I fold 24/7 with one of my machines. Same nickname on [email protected] as here... assuming you need to add it by name.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I misunderstood what was going on.

So I get a second passkey and assign it to a specific slot using the passkey flag. It doesn't really matter to me which passkey I fold under, does it still use the same team designation I have setup?

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Working on the team part still. We're discussing cross-forum TC. I think we did remove the team requirement already, but let me check on that.

Yes, you would obtain a 2nd passkey using a 2nd email and apply a passkey flag to the slot you fold in the event so our points site can track that passkey units completed.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I got a second passkey but I still need to add the flag. I will need to figure out how to add it without [email protected] control since it doesn't work on the 24/7 machine.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I haven't been able to do much lately. I've got too many small unfinished tasks, this is just one of them. I am going to reinstall linux on that machine and get [email protected] control working. The goal is to get it done before the other FaT starts, [email protected] control makes it easier for me to swap teams. I seem to break [email protected] every time I try to edit the xml manually.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
The swapping teams would be to fold for the EHW FaT. Unless that is what you meant... I may be completely lost still.

Luckily I don't have to understand what I am doing as long as I have you kind folks to tell me what I'm supposed to do.

·
Premium Member
13,510 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the fat does require the team change.

TC is basically competitive team folding with multiple teams. For example, we have 12 people who want to join TC. We used to run it on ocn. We're now going to run it on EHW. However, we"re allowing people to use 37726 unlike ehw fat.

TC is folding 1 piece of hardware for a team in a category. We will have 4 teams of 3 people as of now. The 3 categories will be AMD GPU, nVidia GPU, and CPU Wildcard. In order to track your single piece of hardware folding in this event, we need the unique passkey assigned to it and it only. We pull the points folded under that passkey for the event. It runs all month every month. Take a look at tc.axihub.ca to get a feel for it. Site has 5 categories right now. It will be shrunk to 3 categories and a handicap adjustment to equalize low ppd to high ppd cards will be used to equalize the competition.

Does this help any? The unique passkey is applied to the slot using a passkey flag, but only to the single piece of hardware folding in the event.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
Yeah, the fat does require the team change.

TC is basically competitive team folding with multiple teams. For example, we have 12 people who want to join TC. We used to run it on ocn. We're now going to run it on EHW. However, we"re allowing people to use 37726 unlike ehw fat.

TC is folding 1 piece of hardware for a team in a category. We will have 4 teams of 3 people as of now. The 3 categories will be AMD GPU, nVidia GPU, and CPU Wildcard. In order to track your single piece of hardware folding in this event, we need the unique passkey assigned to it and it only. We pull the points folded under that passkey for the event. It runs all month every month. Take a look at tc.axihub.ca to get a feel for it. Site has 5 categories right now. It will be shrunk to 3 categories and a handicap adjustment to equalize low ppd to high ppd cards will be used to equalize the competition.

Does this help any? The unique passkey is applied to the slot using a passkey flag, but only to the single piece of hardware folding in the event.
you need an "i'm poor" category. my RX 580 is slow, and rumor has it I can't afford a GPU until Q3 2021. THANKS, TSMC!

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
yay! fun fact, my system is now less stable having pulled out my 7870 for use elsewhere. sigh. oh, how I love X58.

·
Registered
4,255 Posts
I figured it out. XMP hides the "disable turbo" setting so it was turboing up single core an extra multiplier when lightly loaded. yes, my crashing was always when it wasn't working. hence the need to fold 24/7.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts