Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
That was posted less than a week ago!
Kind of cool though ... he did a bunch of CPU and I was hoping he took out his cars windshield or something stupid to go with it

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Hi Blinktude,

Yep!! I've never seen one explode, but watch in horror as an AMD XP1600+ melted down in 0.2 secs. In the "old" days with the CPU's only giving off 15W or so, you could lay the heat sink on top of the CPU (Intel) and load the system onto the hard drive, then install everything in the case. Doing this with the aforementioned AMD melted down the CPU and got the familiar "burnt electronics" smell in the air. Tom's hardware also did a piece several years ago about AMD processors NOT having thermal protection like Intel processors.

BTW - the CPU I was working on was not OC'd... and ended up just being a little pool of silver/ceramics

·
Registered
213 Posts
When the CPU first explodes I thought it had vaporized lol only until he recovers the fragments do i realize my eyes hath deceived me

·
Banned
1,131 Posts
thats the fakest ive ever seen. If you overclock a processor that much, it doesnt explode. It would need constant cooling. The fan wasnt on for about 20 secs, just that is enough to make an error. But, as you saw on toms hardware thing, even though the processor reached almost 400C, it just doesnt fly in the air.
And if it reached suck astonishing heats like over 600C, he couldnt pick them up and put them nicely arranged again. It would be boiling hot and hed melt hit fingertips off.
Its too much of a setup. God damn it i hate french pplz

·
Registered
1,218 Posts
It's fake, saw that video over a month ago, and they had some sort of firework underneath the table.
Pretty obvious seeing there is a hole underneath the processor socket thru the table, lol. Either way, it's cool

1 - 7 of 7 Posts