Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
026.jpg

Quote:
Admittedly, GPU directly promote the development of a graphics card cooling technology, such as AMD has its own high-end graphics cards in the full introduction of the "hot plate vacuum chamber are" cooling technology. In this week's Fusion 2011 Conference, AMD once again decided to introduce the next generation of the new Radeon HD 7000 graphics card cooling technology, that is, "the hydraulic chamber cooling technology (Liquid Chamber Cooling Technology)".
Source

·
Banned
3,931 Posts
AMD has failed with bulldozer, I hope they won't fail with their HD series.

EDIT: In title if you add "HD 7000 SERIES liquid cooling" there would be 300 pages by tomorrow.

·
404 Title Not Found
2,329 Posts
Is this going to work whichever way the gpu is positioned or is it going to have an arrow saying this side up??.. ......

·
Registered
396 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauerkraut;15299839
I know all the Intel fanboys are excited they get to bash AMD, and I know all the AMD fanboys are heartbroken, but why do you bring up a processor in a news story about a GPU? Does everyone on this board just look for every excuse they can to talk about BD? It has its place, in fact a few places... Go look for them in the AMD Processors section and lets keep this about the GPU.

On topic: Sounds awesome, but whats the likelihood of leaks? The tiniest fracture could be catastrophic. More so is this proven technology on any current gen high heat equipment?
This.

Imagine that chamber going wrong.

KBUM!

·
Registered
224 Posts
nice, amd puts more effort in gpu than in cpu ;D but as I read the vapor champer pros and cons, why do sapphire and such use this technology and didn't settle over to the liquid chamber tech, since that is nothing new in cooling terms.
Quote:
Originally Posted by accskyman;15299813
Is this going to work whichever way the gpu is positioned or is it going to have an arrow saying this side up??.. ......
yea lol, didnt think of that. if it will be upside down (which is the case if you look at your graphics cards), that technique would be totally negating the cooling effect since the liquid has no contact to the chip surface.

·
FinsUp!
2,227 Posts
Meh, ATI.

Anyways, i want to see how this performs compared to custom heatpipe solutions. Good for AMD's graphics. Always innovating.

·
Registered
504 Posts
what about if the card is upside down?, therefore the liquid would be on the other side and it would be trying to evaporate via air, sounds bad imo

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Abs.exe
View Post

AMD has failed with bulldozer, I hope they won't fail with their HD series.

EDIT: In title if you add "HD 7000 SERIES liquid cooling" there would be 300 pages by tomorrow.

Don't worry, the gpu side is something they are doing very well in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donthaveacow
View Post

what about if the card is upside down?, therefore the liquid would be on the other side and it would be trying to evaporate via air, sounds bad imo

Doesn't work like that. Orientation doesn't affect it.

·
Registered
809 Posts
Awesome. Now I just need a release date

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
There's definitely going to be a wick or something that holds liquid against the core side. Not factoring that into the cooling design would be very shortsighted on AMD's part and extremely unlikely. Like forgetting to build brakes into a car.

It looks good though, but I'm worried as to whether they did this to improve temperatures, or are the next series of cards going to just run hot in general.

·
Registered
948 Posts
Just because AMD acquired ATi and they're all the same name now doesn't mean they don't still have ATi video engineers and separate AMD cpu/chipset engineers... I really do not see how one has to do with the other. I still see them as separate entities although being labeled "AMD".

With that said, I'm interested to see more info on the new GPUs.

·
Banned
1,253 Posts
Seems interesting, If they can get SI out early, They will get lots of sales.

If it turns out really well, I will put 7970s in Quadfire.

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
This is definitely interesting...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dmac73
View Post

Meh, ATI.

Meh... get with the times, it's AMD.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
And this is different from the vapor-chamber coolers they use in the HD 6900-series and GTX 570/80 how?
Sure, it's more liquid, but as far as I can tell it's an evolution of the "heatsinks" used in today's graphics cards.

·
Banned
3,607 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arni90
View Post

And this is different from the vapor-chamber coolers they use in the HD 6900-series and GTX 570/80 how?
Sure, it's more liquid, but as far as I can tell it's an evolution of the "heatsinks" used in today's graphics cards.

Uh, look at the picture? I don't know how you could have missed the rather obvious bullet points and illustration. It quite clearly shows the difference.

Yes, it's an evolution. According to the paper, it will be easier to manufacter (cheaper) and cool better.

What point are you trying to make?

·
Registered
533 Posts
so how are AMD cpu's able to cope with "THIS MUCH POWER" (if you don't get the reference you're totally out of the loop).

Any way niceeee, can't wait to get one

·
PC Evangelist
47,518 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by scotty453
View Post

so how are AMD cpu's able to cope with "THIS MUCH POWER" (if you don't get the reference you're totally out of the loop).

Any way niceeee, can't wait to get one

The idea is Eyefinity. At those resolutions BD will cope just fine and will be as fast as Intel because its all GPU work.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts