Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
panthervsmega.jpg

Quote:
Prolimatech's Transformers (Megahalems) radiator Yiqijuechen, the first choice for many players, the latest Megahalems Rev.C V2 price of $ 399 to control the high-end cooler market.

Transformers, however, still too big, the price is not cheap, not everyone needs such a powerful radiator, the current mainstream CPU, LGA1155 interface, such as Intel Core i7-2xxx, compared to its heat LGA 1366 Core i7-interface 9xx much lower, as long as you are not particularly abnormal, the use of transformers is inevitable little "chickens Yanyong chopper" feeling, reason about, cheaper and more portable type of processor heat sink is more suitable.
Source

I know, the article doesn't make sense, such as "radiator" when it meant to be called a "heatsink". But try make sense of it anyways, shouldn't be that difficult
smile.gif

Also note that the price is believed to be in Chinese Yuan, which should be approximately $60 in USD.

Edit: Oops, forgot to add translated source

·
Registered
5,227 Posts
$399!!!!
eek.gif
<- At first
$60<- oh
cool.gif
<-now

Nice looking cooler. lol. Performs decently.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Why'd they change the mounting..? That's one thing I can say about my Mega, when it's bolted down this thing isn't going anywhere...good solid pressure down onto the cpu ihs.

Looks good for the newer gen stuff but my Mega has trouble keeping up with this Q6600 at higher voltages--that Panther would be toast.

·
Premium Member
1,362 Posts
I love my mega. Provided it will transfer over mounting wise, I will use it for many of years.

Not sure I like the Panther as much though.....

·
Registered
504 Posts
loving my Megahalm, for $45 less than the true at my local store, it was well worth the buy at $65.

·
Premium Member
13,796 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by crashdummy35
View Post

Why'd they change the mounting..? That's one thing I can say about my Mega, when it's bolted down this thing isn't going anywhere...good solid pressure down onto the cpu ihs.

The mounting is like the Xigmatek Dark Knight with the crossbow mounting kit. It should be fine.

·
Premium Member
4,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riou
View Post

The mounting is like the Xigmatek Dark Knight with the crossbow mounting kit. It should be fine.

Yeah, I can dig it because the HS itself isn't as heavy as the Megas or a Genesis but, still, I'd appreciate the "solid" pressure of this mount over that one; like the washer mod on the Trues--helped them out quite a bit: people saw upwards of -6-8c with just the added pressure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts