Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so my setup is a 4690k @ 4.6 , 980ti @ 1540 core. I have a EK L360 cooling kit with the 360 rad an additional EK 140 rad and replaced the EK 100 Res/DDC pump combo with a D5 vario pump since the kit res/pump was giving me issues. Temps at idle are 36c on cpu and between 29-32 on cpu. Now the issue is when I am gaming the setup I have is making the cpu spike to over 60c and gpu to 50c. As seen in the pics below the Case is inside my desk. the inlet at the front and outlet on the side and it gets hot inside that space, I need to pull out the case to drop the temps but the hot air is blowing on me. so my solution is to mount the res,pump and two 360 rads outside the case.

On top of my desk is a hole that goes behind the back desk support. I want to mount the rads,pump,res in that space, one rad on each side and the res pump on the top or bottom. So pretty much it will be hidden and sucking cool air and blowing it out the back and up the hole. So is the one D5 pump strong enough for this setup. Also I have to connect the fans and pump back to my Pc by extending the cables. I want to be able to power this all by pressing the on button on the case. And suggestions/feedback would be great.

Desk support

This is the inside of the desk support. Enough room to mount two 360 rads on each side and the pump and res.

Hole on top of desk 'Obviously'

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was going to use the quick connects on the tubes coming out the back of the case so i can pull out the pc and work on it easier if i needed. Will a single D5 pump be strong enough to pump a setup like this?

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
Shouldnt be too hard just get one of these or something similar and plug in fans and the pump using that.

You could even use a rheostat as a fan controller if the fans on full blast is too much!

Also a D5 will easily run this set up.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I actually have a spare d5 vario sitting around since I got the Aquacomputer d5 with the Aquacomputer Aquaero 6 XT.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I picked up 20ft of tubing and 90° fittings so I can run the tubing and not have to bend it against the desk. Now I need to extend the fan wires, aquacomputer pump bus and other cables back to the PC . Extension the aquabus cable 12 feet along with the other cables shouldn't cause any issues . I got a solder gun ,shrink tubing and 22 gauge wire for the fans ,18 for the pump power and will use cat 5/6 cable to extend the aquabus cable and thermal couplers. Gonna get this done by tomorrow night hopefully so I can play the bf1 beta .

1 - 9 of 9 Posts