Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I got my 20gb from my old xbox installed in my new 4gb elite. The old one got a 3 red ring and was about the same price as a new one with warranty
. Well anyways I popped my flash drive out once I got the drive in but put it back in before I started the xbox up. Well now it is asking to configure the drive?! I have a lot of saved games on this including Halo: Reach which I just beat. Any ideas? I plugged the drive into my computer but it will not see anything on the drive.

·
Registered
2,396 Posts
I never used usb for storage on xbox before but if it can't see it on the computer I wouldn't know what to do. Their is a kit that transfers data over and you might have to get it. The things you save are also associated with the xbox and the storage device is on. So since you got a new one something has to be done, not 100% sure what but liek i said look into the data transfer kit or give xbox a call but I am pretty sure you can get your data back somehow.

·
Premium Member
4,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I have the transfer piece from originally getting the Slim. It's simply the usb stick is recognized as needing to be reformatted however it was just used as a memory stick not a minute ago. The only difference is I took it out so I could easily get at the back and not bump it.

Very odd issue cannot seem to get the right keyword in Google either for any resolution.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.