Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys well I've been thinking about this for a couple of days now... i have a coolermaster geminii with 2 120mm scythe ultra kaze on the heatsink... and i wanna achieve some serious overclockage with this q6600.

So i was thinkin about gettin some 12cm diameter tubing mountin it to my case right above the heatsink fans and then having the tube suck in the nice cold air from outside my window... now ive already thought about rain/snow etc so i would do a p trap like a sink would have. and have filters on each end of the tubes to prevent any further intrusions what im somewhat concerned about is if any condensation would form.

So let me know what you guys think I'm looking for advice.

·
Premium Member
4,217 Posts
I got the same HSF on my dual core rig, w/ 2x Antec tri-cools. I found the best thing I could do to lower temps was lap the HSF. Temps dropped a BUNCH..
I run a [email protected], on 1.43 v-core, and temps hardly ever shoot above 50c, even with 2x 8800gt's in the case.
I would recommend that, and then see if you still want to build the air box.

·
Premium Member
20,339 Posts
Even with filters, you will still get moisture.

Dehumidifiers run water through multiple filters to absorb the moisture.

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea man i just lapped it this past weekend. when i had my e6320 on it i had my **** @ 3.8ghz on 1.45 and idle it was @ 25 and load ~48c but with this q6600 i have it oc'ed @ 3.9ghz @ 1.6vcore and the temps on idle r 36-38 and load is about 65c im hoping the 0c outside temp direct intake will dramatically decrease the temps

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
now would a dehumidifier warm the air thats being sucked in from outside?

·
Premium Member
20,339 Posts
Not necessarily, there is no heat involved.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Dehumidifier sounds like an expensive thingie... prolly not worth it. i would say just pump cold air out from ur aircon

·
Iconoclast
30,663 Posts
Cold air from outside shoud have less moisture than inside air. Even if it did have more, it's not going to condense on parts that are warmer than said air.

·
Premium Member
20,339 Posts

·
Banned
4,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
so u guys think i should go for it and try to put it all together. I dont think its gonna condense on anything so this weekend ima go ahead and hook it up hopefully it will have some good results... we will see

·
Registered
325 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KusH View Post
so u guys think i should go for it and try to put it all together. I dont think its gonna condense on anything so this weekend ima go ahead and hook it up hopefully it will have some good results... we will see
Dont do it it will definitely condense!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts