Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
5,000 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amdsempronsi42 View Post
guys is possible cold to the extreme a notebook?

Another incoherent quote for my sig. I thank you.

BTW: Welcome to the forums!

·
Registered
870 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by amdsempronsi42 View Post
guys is possible cold to the extreme a notebook?

a bit confused by your wording, but I think I get the gist.
I've seen people using liquid nitrogen on notebooks if you'll believe it, but practical use? nah

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
I've seen some replace fans with aftermarket, but it only works with certain laptops and certain fans.

Now, you can take apart your laptop and use some prime thermal paste / copper mods / etc. Also be sure to regularly clean out your intake ducts / fan module to help with temps.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by beldecca View Post
I've seen some replace fans with aftermarket, but it only works with certain laptops and certain fans.

Now, you can take apart your laptop and use some prime thermal paste / copper mods / etc. Also be sure to regularly clean out your intake ducts / fan module to help with temps.
This. If you reseat your heat sink/fan, with some top notch compound like OCZ Freeze, you should see drops in temperature. You should first try to blow all the dust out of the laptop. They usually clog the little fans, which causes a lot of unneeded heat accumulation.

·
Banned
4,814 Posts
I am building an extreme laptop cooler, but not with liquid nitrogen. I am building it with case fans, but it did drop my laptop's GPU temperature by 20C.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vbp6us View Post
This. If you reseat your heat sink/fan, with some top notch compound like OCZ Freeze, you should see drops in temperature. You should first try to blow all the dust out of the laptop. They usually clog the little fans, which causes a lot of unneeded heat accumulation.
not to mention unnecessary strain on the fans

1 - 8 of 8 Posts