Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found that somewhere and you can make a better thread than mine to share it i just wanted to share
smile.gif

http://www.evga.com/articles/00896/EVGA-GeForce-GTX-980-KINGPIN-Classified-Coming-Soon/

The rumors are true, the world's most advanced GeForce GTX 980 is arriving soon. The EVGA GeForce GTX 980 K|NGP|N graphics card is meticulously designed for the extreme overclocking user. With a 14+3 phase power design, this new digitally controlled VRM can deliver up to 600A of current, all delivered through 3 power inputs, 8pin + 8pin + 6pin. ACX 2.0 keeps the card running cool, and the ability to go single slot (with included single slot bracket) make this the most sleek graphics card ever designed.

In February 2015, you can be first in line to get your hands on this record breaking graphics card with an EXCLUSIVE early pre-order for registered EVGA product owners. Stay tuned for more details.

biggrin.gif

If it could be 6-8gb vram at least
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif

·
Registered
762 Posts
double post, delete.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonami2 View Post

If it could be 6-8gb vram at least
thumbsdownsmileyanim.gif
not happening. exrtra vram = lower timings/lower overclocks. this is an extreme overclocking card, the people buying this are not using it for high resolutions, but extreme clocks.

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdc122 View Post

not happening. exrtra vram = lower timings/lower overclocks. this is an extreme overclocking card, the people buying this are not using it for high resolutions, but extreme clocks.
Of what i know most General overclock on gpu are stopped be vrm running too hot..

So this one will be used too for multimonitor and 4k 8k and all that high clock is always worth it

4gb uh some hit that on single 1440p

·
Registered
762 Posts
Quote:

Of what i know most General overclock on gpu are stopped be vrm running too hot..

So this one will be used too for multimonitor and 4k 8k and all that high clock is always worth it

4gb uh some hit that on single 1440p
yes, but it will never have 8gb, its already been discussed in the news thread. extra vram = slower card. this is not for gaming, this is for ln2.

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

yes, but it will never have 8gb, its already been discussed in the news thread. extra vram = slower card. this is not for gaming, this is for ln2.
So more vram = slower card?

So why the titan is 6gb

titan z

the 7970 in 6gb

8gb 880m ok make no sense that a mobile 660 equivalent.....

But i do think you mean lower bandwith speed with higher amount of vram. or im seriously dont even knowing how....
redface.gif

What i just seen in a long thread is the 970 crash and complain because of the vram

·
Registered
762 Posts
Quote:

So more vram = slower card?

So why the titan is 6gb

titan z

the 7970 in 6gb

8gb 880m ok make no sense that a mobile 660 equivalent.....

But i do think you mean lower bandwith speed with higher amount of vram. or im seriously dont even knowing how....
redface.gif

What i just seen in a long thread is the 970 crash and complain because of the vram
its the same as using lots of ram. its a lot harder to run 32gb 2400 than it is to run 8gb 2400. it puts a lot of strain on the memory controller, so to increase the ram, you need to lower the timings. double vram on gpu has lower timings or the memory controller cant handle it, which also reduces overclocks.

the titan is 6gb because it is a compute card, not a gaming card.

there was only one 7970 6gb which was the saphire toxic, which was overpirced and unpopular.

it will just never happen. again, this is a benchmarking card. 100mhz on the memory is the difference between whether or not you get a world record, but there is no benchmark that takes up more than 4gb of ram. 8gb on a KPE is a waste of time.

• Rep+
Reactions: bonami2

·
Hardware Maniac
3,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

its the same as using lots of ram. its a lot harder to run 32gb 2400 than it is to run 8gb 2400. it puts a lot of strain on the memory controller, so to increase the ram, you need to lower the timings. double vram on gpu has lower timings or the memory controller cant handle it, which also reduces overclocks.

the titan is 6gb because it is a compute card, not a gaming card.

there was only one 7970 6gb which was the saphire toxic, which was overpirced and unpopular.

it will just never happen. again, this is a benchmarking card. 100mhz on the memory is the difference between whether or not you get a world record, but there is no benchmark that takes up more than 4gb of ram. 8gb on a KPE is a waste of time.
That make sense
smile.gif
Thank you for explaining this i never realised it was mostly the same thing as ddr ram

1 - 8 of 8 Posts