Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Problem is I like things done right. I've never ever in my existence had to deal with mid grade TN panels.... until today.

it's a 15.6laptop, I believe it's a 15.4 panel.
model is the 16f4

Are apple displays compatible with barebones windows machines? samsung and apple have some decent 15.4 1880p panels that would be gracious.
I've never been a laptop guy, this is literately my first laptop I've ever had, and I've obviously never done a panel modification on one before.
Nothing's ever stopped me before, so let's find out shall we?
maybe I'll make a walkthrough, after I figure out exactly what panel to order.

Anyway, peaceout oc'ers throw in any of your opinions.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
These are not governed by any type of standard like DVI for instance?
If this is the case, how does one even know what kindof connectors share similarities?

I've done a bit of reading on mounts, it seems slight modifications often have to be made, but for the 16f-4 i read it can be a bit flimsy and requires patience. But completely possible.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
aye, so it seems to be nearly not worth it.
I will find some remorseful soul selling an macbook pro retina or samsung ativ 9 plus, get it for 6 or 7 and gut it.
That be the only rout, and even then the connectors for the mobo would still need modification.
Battery tech is so dated,were still based off of 50's craft

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordland View Post

aye, so it seems to be nearly not worth it.
I will find some remorseful soul selling an macbook pro retina or samsung ativ 9 plus, get it for 6 or 7 and gut it.
That be the only rout, and even then the connectors for the mobo would still need modification.
Battery tech is so dated,were still based off of 50's craft
It's not just an issue of modding the connectors, but the fact that some connectors physically do not have the same number of lanes. For example, 1366x768 panels can run a 30 pin LVDS connector, but 1920x1080p monitors require more. So be careful that you have the pin outs for it.

·
Software 'Engineer'
894 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinsbane View Post

It's not just an issue of modding the connectors, but the fact that some connectors physically do not have the same number of lanes. For example, 1366x768 panels can run a 30 pin LVDS connector, but 1920x1080p monitors require more. So be careful that you have the pin outs for it.
This,
I have to buy a new LVDS cable to get a 1600x900 screen on my laptop

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
right.
What is the ratio for predicting this?

For instance, my notebook is on an msi mobo, with 1080p default support, a larger 3200x1800 panel will have a need for more power, meaning it will most likely have more connectors, or will it?
DVI uses the same cable at 2560x1600 and 1920x1080 it cant be a power constraint...

New idea,
say I buy a replacement lcd for the ativ book 9, and convert it into a standalone panel, @ 13.3 inches. All I need to figure out is power and HDMI in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts