1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting a MAX score of like 6k in 3dmark06

8800gt 650/1650/950 clock speeds
e6420 @ 2.8ghz

I just got this card in the mail too. I'm getting cpu scores of like 2400+ (average and above avg) but SM 2.0 and 3.0 scores of like 2600, half of where they should be. Says avg scores for my system is like 10k-13k. Funny thing is though....if i remember correctly, it was like this when i had my OLD 88GT before it died...real world performance matters more right? the card runs most stuff well....i'm just wondering why my 3dmark06 score is so freakin low.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its not the overclock.

I have tried also with NO OVERCLOCKS (stock evga 88gt 600/1500/900) and stock e6420 (2.13ghz), getting a score of roughly 5600.

Resolution 1280x1024, No Anti aliasing, Filtering: optimal

I have 4gb ram too fyi.

Its not overheating either. card stays at 50 TOPS, cpu at 40 TOPS (I have a nice zalman on it)

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
well lower resolution becomes more cpu bound....you game at 1080?....drivers maybe...... and compare your system specs to theirs....check and see where your scores are lower and see what clock speeds and other settings they are running compared to you

in the end though it either works like you want it to or it doesn't...real world is what matters...just nice to see your benches up with everyone elses

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I get 2400+ on cpu score which is considered average

2600 on sm2.0 AND sm3.0 I'm way behind in this regard.

Seems to me that everyone else with a similar computer is just scoring way higher than I am...no real differences as far as ive seen.

I'm actually using older drivers atm b/c the newer ones seem to be buggy for me, but it also seems that everyone has scored high with older/newer drivers (aka doesn't seem to be driver dependent).

Anyway if anyone else has any other ideas lemme know, if not thanks to those who responded.

·
Registered
1,849 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Tried in 3dmark vantage too. again same results: WAY below where they should be (about half). GPU seems to be culprit; cpu scores seem on par. Again, seemed to me that i had this same problem with my OLD 8800GT so i dont know if its the card or not...

http://3dmark.com/3dmv/3816928

Done with MOST RECENT STABLE DRIVERS, NO overclocks, fan on 90%. Even w/o oc' it should still be way higher...

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
IT WOULD APPEAR after some time researching that my PCIE x16 is set to x1. Does anyone know how to fix this?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Fixed. Got it running at x16 according to GPUZ and CPUZ. With just that difference, and stock EVERYTHING (cpu and gpu) it bumped my score about 4k points. getting 9k even now from 5.5k ish earlier at stock gpu but slight cpu oc.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmac20 View Post

Fixed. Got it running at x16 according to GPUZ and CPUZ. With just that difference, and stock EVERYTHING (cpu and gpu) it bumped my score about 4k points. getting 9k even now from 5.5k ish earlier at stock gpu but slight cpu oc.
Very nice, good catch =p

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ty. I never noticed it before because the way it lists it in GPUZ is very confusing (and i never even knew it DISPLAYED this in CPUZ till today
tongue.gif
). In gpuz it says:

PCIE 1.1 x16 @ x16 1.1
this is correct, how it should be.

How it WAS LISTED:

PCIE [email protected] 1.1
Kinda Confusing right?

So when it was at x1 I just never noticed it. I think my systems been like that for YEARS....for YEARS i've been playing with an 88gt running at x1? And now i get to see it at x16? Its like buyin a new card
biggrin.gif
no wonder i never got high scores in them....but despite that in games it ran DECENTLY at x1....nothing great. which is why i got suspicious.

It fixed after I reseated it and defaulted bios....I sprayed the slot with some compressed air (luckily i bought some yesterday) as suggested by some sites. I think there might've been dust in there from the last time i reseated the OLD 88GT possibly years ago, as well as when I replaced it with my old x1900xtx while my 88gt was on RMA these past few weeks.

Had all of that not happened I would've gone on FOREVER IGNORANT of this and thinking its just my system reacting poorly with Futuremark software
rolleyes.gif

1 - 13 of 13 Posts