Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source: A New Windows 10 Update Is Wrecking Game Performance

"Numerous reports around the web describe plummeting game performance following the most recent April Windows update, which included a cumulative patch known as KB5001330 or KB5001337, depending on your Windows version."

Just experienced this firsthand. Was blue screening left and right even while not gaming. Thought it was my gpu drivers being way out of date or an unstable overclock, nope.
Icing on the cake is I bluescreened while uninstalling this update(KB5001330).

1 hour gaming with it uninstalled and no issues since.

• Rep+
Reactions: oile

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I think all of my machines are on 20H2 now, the article doesn't mention that version. I haven't been gaming much but I did get back into Outer Worlds because of a new DLC and something seemed off. I was thinking about re installing it but didn't want to wait for the download.

·
sudo apt install sl
8,470 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,902 Posts
I thought that was another of the spam posts we've had recently. Alternatives to windows is easy, alternatives to the software that requires windows is difficult.

• Rep+
Reactions: Blameless

·
Iconoclast
30,977 Posts
Haven't personally encountered any issues with this update, but Windows Q&A for updates has been sketchy ever since "Windows as a service" became a thing.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Yeah I had this last night. Games running at 30fps and choppy as hell, even in the title menu.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Microsoft wouldn't've been Microsoft if they didn't screw something up with an update.
I'm kinda surprised how quiet people are since 2004/20H2 considering it broke P67 / Z77 chipsets with the PC BSOD-ing all the time.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
Haven't personally encountered any issues with this update, but Windows Q&A for updates has been sketchy ever since "Windows as a service" became a thing.
We are guinea pigs for enterprise customers now. My work machines are on a completely different update schedule.

·
OCN is bad civilization
3,638 Posts
I had an issue with KB5001330 making quake champions stutter horribly, sometimes just freeze for half a second. Uninstalled the update - no problems. Reinstalled the update... no issues???
If you're not so lucky, you can try downloading wushowhide, uninstalling the update (restarting etc), running wushowhide and hiding the KB5001330/7 update so it doesn't install again.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I'm on windows 20H2 with KB5001330 installed and have no issues.

• Rep+
Reactions: GeldrinHor

·
Robotic Chemist
3,589 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts
I’ve always been impressed with how poorly optimized Microsoft software is with Windows. Excel has been around what, 40 years and sometimes it doesn’t launch a new window when I double click a file if another file is already open. Flight Simulator 2020 has been a complete disaster and I’ve had to reinstall it 4 times. I wish Microsoft would just sell their whole PC software business to Rockstar.

·
Robotic Chemist
3,589 Posts

·
Registered
2,531 Posts

·
Robotic Chemist
3,589 Posts
I bet rockstar acknowledged the issue and hired him.
Nah, they just paid him $10000 USD and have already released a patch with his fixes. :)

·
Politically incorrect
9,463 Posts
LTSC

1 - 20 of 39 Posts