Overclock.net banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Long Time Lurker
47 Posts
I'm on windows 20H2 with KB5001330 installed and have no issues.
Same here.

Edition Windows 10 Pro
Version 20H2
Installed on ‎8/‎2/‎2020
OS build 19042.928
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

With kb5001330 installed. Having NO issues with it on ESO fully rammed up with some add-ons as well. FPS still gliding over 100 99% of the time. All this while running [email protected] 24/7 in the background

• Rep+
Reactions: Lionvibez

·
Registered
13 Posts
Microsoft wouldn't've been Microsoft if they didn't screw something up with an update.
I'm kinda surprised how quiet people are since 2004/20H2 considering it broke P67 / Z77 chipsets with the PC BSOD-ing all the time.
I have three computers with the Z77 chipset. Two are still running Windows 7 Pro, but the other has been running Windows 10 Pro (2004/20H2) without any problems. Was planning on upgrading the other two soon. Are the BSODs just random or only for specific tasks?

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
I had my Intel P67 system up until April 11th and I had the latest version and the latest update of Windows 10 installed all the way until that day with no problems at all. I don't understand how or why others have issues with updates... I guess it's just PEBKAC.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I had my Intel P67 system up until April 11th and I had the latest version and the latest update of Windows 10 installed all the way until that day with no problems at all. I don't understand how or why others have issues with updates... I guess it's just PEBKAC.
I hope that is the case. I was looking forward to having all of the PCs running the same version of Windows again. Network sharing can be a pain between Win7 and Win10.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
I hope that is the case. I was looking forward to having all of the PCs running the same version of Windows again. Network sharing can be a pain between Win7 and Win10.
It's gotta be. I've seen article after article after article over the years saying "oh this update is causing everyone problems" or "oh that update is causing everyone problems", yet there I sat without any problems.

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
if you don't have an issue it must not exist
we are all using the same version of windows and hardware configs after all

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Oh give me a break. What do you take me for? Do you think that's what I was saying? Really?

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
I can only go off of what you posted above. Unless PEBKAC means something else these days.

also I think this has been patched at this point

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
I can only go off of what you posted above. Unless PEBKAC means something else these days.
So by your logic, everyone who had the problems must also have the same version of Windows and hardware config as each other. I see. It all makes perfect sense now.

Look man, I'm just trying to help put his mind at ease that just because he has a Z77 system, it doesn't guarantee problems. Ok? So I'd appreciate it if you'd step off.

·
Turtle Rig Fan
2,517 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Whole point of this thread was to make people aware as I personally ran into this issue. You made a claim that it must be user error because you haven't experienced it which is a little silly.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
Whole point of this thread was to make people aware as I personally ran into this issue. You made a claim that it must be user error because you haven't experienced it which is a little silly.
Fine, but he expressed concern that he'd be guaranteed problems because he has a Z77 system, and my goal was to put his mind at ease. So back off and let me do what I do ok? I'm trying to do something nice for him and you're ruining it. Do you want him to believe he's guaranteed to have problems because he has a Z77 system when you know that's not true? Sure, you might've been able to sit there not saying anything to him but I couldn't. That's not how I roll and I'd appreciate it if you'd stop this.

• Rep+
Reactions: MacGyverSG1

·
Premium Member
10,876 Posts

I always found it amusing that it was so difficult to share between versions when the protocol is 100% clear and concise. Even more amusing is the fact the backdoors hackers use are version agnostic, kind of makes you go Hmmm.

Yeah still on win7 with ZERO issues from all this Win 10 nonsense. It is perfectly stable since M$ stopped breaking it.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think the biggest problem is that Win10 has beefed up the security which causes problems with Win7 that hasn't been updated. Obviously M$ wants everyone to switch to Win10.

I've been hesitant to switch to Win10, but I bought a laptop in December 2019 that came with Win10 Pro and after tweaking it a little, I found it to be pretty good. I can run all the apps that I use in Win7 and everything has been stable. I don't game anymore so that is not a concern. I haven't felt the need to upgrade my PCs (one Z77 / i7-3770k and two Z77 / i5-3570k).

I will definitely update the other PCs to Win10 this summer if the BSODing is not a real problem.

·
Registered
13 Posts
The way Martin778 stated that Windows 10 2004/20H2 broke P67 / Z77 chipsets made it sound like their is a big problem. I had not heard about it and didn't experience it myself, but since I was considering making the change for two of my PCs I didn't want to run into problems.

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Well, ALL of my ASUS P67 and Z77 boards are BSODing, starting from the first reboot after the installation onwards and there are constant I/O errors in SMART tools.
Tried different disks, CPU's, RAM, nope! All started acting up from 1903/1909 onwards and there are more people having problems with it, not just me.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
You can use Winaero Tweaker to disable Windows Update in Windows 10. You can also use the wushowhide.diagcab file previously provided by Microsoft to choose which updates get installed and which ones are hidden, just like the old days. :)

• Rep+
Reactions: Hueristic

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I did some registry tweaks to keep it on 1903 but it feels like it's days are numbered, this version is already EOL.

·
Registered
13 Posts
My MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming with i5-3570k has not had any problems with Win10 Pro 2004/20H2. Boot drive is a SanDisk Extreme II SATA SSD 240GB. My other PC that I want to update to Win10 is ASUS Maximus V Extreme Z77 with i7-3770k and booting with a Plextor PX-256M3P. I have a modified BIOS on the Maximus V Extreme so that I can hopefully boot off of a NVME M.2 SSD that is using an adapter card in a PCI-E slot.

I hope the problem is not an ASUS thing. I do have another Z77 board (Biostar) with an i5-3570k.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
78,989 Posts
My MSI Z77A-GD65 Gaming with i5-3570k has not had any problems with Win10 Pro 2004/20H2. Boot drive is a SanDisk Extreme II SATA SSD 240GB. My other PC that I want to update to Win10 is ASUS Maximus V Extreme Z77 with i7-3770k and booting with a Plextor PX-256M3P. I have a modified BIOS on the Maximus V Extreme so that I can hopefully boot off of a NVME M.2 SSD that is using an adapter card in a PCI-E slot.

I hope the problem is not an ASUS thing. I do have another Z77 board (Biostar) with an i5-3570k.
I don't think it's an ASUS thing. I had an ASUS P8P67 EVO with Windows 10 fully updated until just over 3 weeks ago on April 11th when I upgraded to the ASUS ROG STRIX B550-F GAMING, and I had no issues in Windows 10 the entire time I had that old motherboard.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts