Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an HD 6950 2GB and i also have 3 1600x900 monitors one i havent put to use yet since my friend gave it to me and i was wondering about the DP to DVI adapter if it has to be an active USB powered adapter because i have heard that if the resolution is under 1080 than you dont need a powered one is that correct? and also can i use a DP to VGA adapter as well

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
it wil work, but for how long? sapphire ones seem to be hit or miss, i wouldnt risk going with a no name one for 1/2 the price. id also suggest getting the 1 year replacement plan, thats what i did. looking over all the reviews, seems like they died out under the year mark if they did stop working

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartk1213;15262594
ok thanks i also found this one will this one not work ??
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812106609
Eyefinity only supports 2 legacy devices the combination of VGA, DVI and HDMI. If your your third monitor does not have Native DisplayPort, you will need active adapter.

You will need this MiniDP-DVI Single Link Active Adapter (1920x1200) http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-006B-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Certified/dp/B004071ZXA]Amazon.com: Accell B087B-006B UltraAV Mini DisplayPort to DVI-D Single-Link Active Adapter ATI Certified (Black): Electronics[/URL]

The one in your link above will not work.

·
Registered
660 Posts
That's what I was referring to the sub 20$ ones being passive passive, it will not work for eyefinity

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartk1213;15263143
What if I got a DP to VGA and use DVI to DVI for the other 2 monitors

Sent From My Samsung Captivate using Tap-a-talk
DP-VGA has to be an active adapter then it will work. But check the output of your card DVI-I (analog digital) or DVI-d (digital only) and your monitor DVI input.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts