Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi i had a question and i was wondering if this or this one work for eyefinity for my 3rd monitor on my xfx 6950 2gb with 3 monitors each at 1600x900 if either of these wont work can u show me one that will work and it has to be from www.sears.com and under $30 i since i have a gift card and i would rather use that

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
This is what you need. A little more than $30.

One of the monitors in Eyefinity has to use the Display Port. So you could use a mini dispay port to DVI active adapter. From what I've gleaned, the Apple branded ones aren't guaranteed to work, while the Accel ones like I linked are.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ok what about this one its on the AMD Eyefinty Validated Dongles list and its about $27.00

well i bought the $27.00 adapter thats on the validated dongles list..im excited to try eyefinity yay lol thank you everyone who helped

·
Premium Member
5,648 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartk1213 View Post

ok what about this one its on the AMD Eyefinty Validated Dongles list and its about $27.00
well i bought the $27.00 adapter thats on the validated dongles list..im excited to try eyefinity yay lol thank you everyone who helped
It doesn't say anything about being an 'active' adapter, which it has to be. I'm assuming if it doesn't state that it is 'active', that it's passive, and won't work for Eyefinity. It;s a shame you only have a gift card for Sears, because Amazon and Newegg both have the one I linked for under $30.

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post

It doesn't say anything about being an 'active' adapter, which it has to be. I'm assuming if it doesn't state that it is 'active', that it's passive, and won't work for Eyefinity. It;s a shame you only have a gift card for Sears, because Amazon and Newegg both have the one I linked for under $30.
well it does say that it is on the AMDs validated dongles list so i think it should be fine but well just have to see

·
Premium Member
7,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartk1213 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demented View Post

well it does say that it is on the AMDs validated dongles list so i think it should be fine but well just have to see
If this is part number B087B-004B you bought, it will not work for Eyefinity.

Just in case you need to get a replacement; this one will guarantee to work (note the part number Accell B087B-006B) ;

http://www.amazon.com/Accell-B087B-006B-DisplayPort-Single-Link-Certified/dp/B004071ZXA/ref=sr_1_4?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1325586177&sr=1-4

41FPlvq8TsL.jpg

1 - 13 of 13 Posts