Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am in the process of setting up an eyefinity setup with three 23" monitors (1920X1080) on a 5870. When working on the desktop I like to have the monitors treated as separate 1920X1080 displays so when you maximize windows they don't span the entire 5760X1080 combined monitor. But then I want to switch quickly into the 5760X1080 group quickly for gaming. Can hot keys be setup to quickly (or even automatically upon opening a 3D app) switch between the two modes?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have no problems with profile switching, works great and quick for me. I set them to Alt-F1 and Alt-F2 and switch back and forth for gaming/desktop use easy. I tried HydraVision as well which seemed useful but with the way I use my desktop it didn't really matter.

·
Registered
998 Posts
when i switch it might take 3 time to switch and sometime it would drop to the lowest res
if you don't like hydr vision
to use profile switchiny you need create a profile (top right corner) under it's settings you can enable hot keys

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bradey
View Post

did it work?

Yes. I went into Catalyst displays and then selected profiles. I setup an eyefinity profile for 5760X1080 and assigned it to <alt>e and then setup three 1920X1080 displays and assigned it <alt>3. Works fine so far. I haven't run into a bug yet (fingers crossed).

Thanks

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Update. I have a consistent bug with switching back to 3 individual 1920X1080 displays. It always always always places them in the order 2-3-1 while I have them setup as 1-2-3. I have to manually drag 1 back over to the left of 2 every time I use the profile switch. I have tried multiple times to resave the profile with the monitors in teh correct positions. Annoying.

Maybe the issue has to do with which monitor the display port adapter is on? Right now I believe that it is on monitor 1 since I need the extra length that the adapter provides to reach to the far left display. Maybe monitor 1 has to be on DVI?

·
Registered
3,526 Posts
Would you mind moving the monitors so the 2-3-1 works?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by videoman5 View Post
Would you mind moving the monitors so the 2-3-1 works?
I wouldn't mind but the DVI cables aren't long enough
They are 2m cables and I need about an extra foot or so to reach the left monitor. The active DP adpater (Dell) provides me that extra length at the moment so unless I go buy a longer DVI cable then I am stuck.

Would be better for me if the bug just got fixed

1 - 11 of 11 Posts