Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys ^^ I received my accel DP adapter to VGA and it worked! but now the screen pluged in the adapter never stop flashing every seconds ... It's annoying as hell right now ...

what could cause this problemes?

·
Registered
696 Posts
What drivers are you using? Because 10.6 is supposed to stop the flashing monitors when using eyefinity.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
My DP->VGA did that too. RMA'd it, and got a DP->DVI adapter for $60 shipped (used). DP->VGA seem to be very hit or miss.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune
View Post

That's because you are using a CHEAPASS adapter @ high resolution.

Those adaoters are able to go up to 1920x1200, it's more qc it seems.

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune View Post
Of course everything is able to high... but for how long? Next time buy a 100$ adapter and forget about any problems
Well, since I haven't seen the DP-VGA adapters spontaneously combust, I'm gonna say they should work for quite a while, again, given you get a working one.

Though its not like the qc on DP-DVi adapters is perfect.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marc-Olivier Beaudoin View Post
next time try to be polite

well i'll see if 10.6 solve the probleme
I hope so
If they don't, try an RMA and replace it. If it is a bad adapter, then that might fix it. I've seen people go through 3 RMA's to get a working one though.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I get flickering sometimes too, and I'm using an active Accell DP-DVI adapter, so I don't think the problem's specific to DP-VGA adapters.

·
Registered
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
well the star-tech one is going downhill I think
but have 9 days to return it and have another one free. it could be something else then the adapter this time tough. when I'm not in game it work perfectly but when I'm in game it fliker . not that the screen goes black but just like what you see in war movies where the screen is a little fuzzy having line of diferent contrast etc or when your tank receive a missile in bad company 2 . not that it's annoying since i have it on the side but it is very noticeable when I'm in a dark area but well it stoped going all black

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my Accell Active Displayport to DVI adapter. I had to RMA my Accell adapter so that they could upgrade the firmware on it. Contact Accell support and tell them the problem. After I RMA'd mine, it worked great.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Of course everything is able to high... but for how long? Next time buy a 100$ adapter and forget about any problems

That is true my DB is the apple one it cost me 100 dolllars and it works perfect

·
Premium Member
7,187 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Probably passive

If there is any display at all, it's active.

And in case anyone missed it, he got a new adapter, and it works.

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I wonder if my adapter is the cause of my issues as well. I have a $27 Powercolor active DP and I am getting screen tearing no matter if Vsync is on or off. It seems like the refresh rate of the monitors is slowing down and the image just cant clean up fast enough. It even does this when not playing games using explorer and dragging the browser from one monitor to another it will lok like the browser is splitting horizontally and the top and bottom shift to the right and left then it cleans up.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts