Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i was thinking of going too eyefinity and i have a couple questions.

The monitors i be using is one dell 2007wfp which is 1680x1050 res which has dvi and vga and i got 2x lenovo l192 19in 1440x900 monitors which i got at my work that has vgas ony.

And im wondering if i get a display port vga adapter like one of theses will it work?
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...to+vga&x=0&y=0

I read somewhere it just would make the higher res monitor scan down too the lowest res monitor. And for the size it wouldn't bother me much for now sense they almost look the same size maybe just one in smaller

I just want too make sure this will work before i buy a adapter.

Mainly why i did this because my hanns g 28in monitor pretty much is going which has white lines dots all over the screen when it gets warm up and have too get it rma but might sell it when i get it back.

thanks

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2,080 Posts
Most DP or MDP to VGA adapters work. I know the Dynex brand MDP to VGA adapter work, they can be found at best buy.

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Trogdor
View Post

Most DP or MDP to VGA adapters work. I know the Dynex brand MDP to VGA adapter work, they can be found at best buy.

Hmm ya think im gonna go with that one sense it says my local bestbuy has it

thanks

oh wait thats mini display port that bestbuy has
and so far bestbuy ony shows mini display ports..

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just ordered this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814999032

Hopefully it works but it does say ATI Eyefinity Multi-Display support.

Also will it work with a dvi too vga adapter on one vga monitor? Or should i just run my main display which is the dell 2007 with dvi on the display port? But either way this should work right?

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just wanted too give a update.

Got the adapter in today and it works perfect

Pretty much the colors on all 3 monitor are pretty much a match maybe little off but it looks great.

And the sizes match up too even tho they 2x 19ins and 1 20.1in

Just need too get use too it tho.. lol And takes alot of room too even tho i have a big desk which looks small now lol.

By the way will this still work with nivida physx enabled? like with a monitor connected too the nvidia card? I didn't bother hooking it back up sense i don't want too mess anything up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts