Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
486DX2 66
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This thread is ultimately pointless unless you're on the fence about going multi display.

After months of laziness I finally bought the sapphire DP-DVI converter and got eyefinity rolling. All I can say is wonderful. The bezel management really keeps it from being an eyesore and I'm loving every second of it. I can never go back and call my old single monitor, big tv setup a "man cave".
devil.gif
:devil:awaiting my next electric bill.

Although I must say CFed 5770s are choking on Fallout 3. Will be posting them up for sale soon and moving on to a 6950 hopefully that gives me some eyecandy back.

BTW my monitor setup is now a single Acerh 233hbmid and 2 ASUS VH236h, the reason I mention that is because if anybody is looking to buy either of these monitors go with the VH model, they are much cheaper and have 2ms response and to my surprise the colors are much more vivid, the background to this page looks a darker gray then the other 2 screens, I'll probably sell it and get a 3rd.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: Parish_Rane

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
A question for you..I have everything but the DP adapater. Do I need to get one of those powered by a USB or no? I don't really understand why I would need, or not need, usb power. With my Sapphire card I received a mini-dp to dp adapter and was told that I'd be find just getting a dp to dvi adapter (was looking at the active Sapphire adapter), connecting these two adapters together, and eyefinity away. Truth to this? I don't really want to spend 80+ on these adapters with usb powering if I don't have to.
 

·
486DX2 66
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by DayzaStarr
View Post

A question for you..I have everything but the DP adapater. Do I need to get one of those powered by a USB or no? I don't really understand why I would need, or not need, usb power. With my Sapphire card I received a mini-dp to dp adapter and was told that I'd be find just getting a dp to dvi adapter (was looking at the active Sapphire adapter), connecting these two adapters together, and eyefinity away. Truth to this? I don't really want to spend 80+ on these adapters with usb powering if I don't have to.

Most everybody I've spoken to here recommended this adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814999030
I use it myself no problems. I don't see why using minidp - DP - DVI would make a difference.
 
  • Rep+
Reactions: DayzaStarr

·
Registered
Joined
·
548 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Don;11973324
Most everybody I've spoken to here recommended this adapter
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814999030
I use it myself no problems. I don't see why using minidp - DP - DVI would make a difference.
Yep, this is the one I was looking at...then I went to order it today and it was sold out lol but thanks for helping out wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I think the minidp-dp-dvi is just incase I didn't have a DP connection on the back and had to use minidp but it seems as long as you have an active adapter it is all good.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DayzaStarr;11974472
Yep, this is the one I was looking at...then I went to order it today and it was sold out lol but thanks for helping out wanted to make sure I didn't make a mistake. I think the minidp-dp-dvi is just incase I didn't have a DP connection on the back and had to use minidp but it seems as long as you have an active adapter it is all good.
that adapter will work fine with mini dp--->dp adapter.
 

·
486DX2 66
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Parish_Rane
View Post

Would you mind measuring the side bezel by chance?

I'll measure it after I get done shoveling out the yard we got bombed overnight with snow. It looks to be the realm of 3/4 inch but I'm not the greatest guesser when it comes to that. I'll be honest with you though the bezels REALLY don't bother me at all, I don't even have them overlapped and prefer it this way.. I just use bezel correction and get somewhere around 6038x1080. Really can't beat this for the price.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serious_Don;11981293
I'll measure it after I get done shoveling out the yard we got bombed overnight with snow. It looks to be the realm of 3/4 inch but I'm not the greatest guesser when it comes to that. I'll be honest with you though the bezels REALLY don't bother me at all, I don't even have them overlapped and prefer it this way.. I just use bezel correction and get somewhere around 6038x1080. Really can't beat this for the price.
Thank you so much. If the bezels really aren't an issue I'll stop worrying.
smile.gif
Thanks man, enjoy.
drunken.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,096 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parish_Rane;11985342
Thank you so much. If the bezels really aren't an issue I'll stop worrying.
smile.gif
Thanks man, enjoy.
drunken.gif
bezels are something you'll get used to.
after using eyefinity for a week it won't be an issue.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Awesome. This thread helped, was on the fence between a single 120hz display or 3 for Eyefinity. thanks for you input. Hopefully I can order them soon.
 

·
486DX2 66
Joined
·
3,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Nixuz
View Post

I'm going to 3 soon, but will be on 2 5770's. I will only be pushing 5040x3150...

I'm running 2 5770s slightly overclocked and I'm pushing 6032x1080 surprisingly well in most games I play, You just have to go easy on the AA and shadow detail. I've tested BFBC2, CoDWaW, Dragon Age, Fallout 3, Serious sam HD and I'm getting surprising results. Of course games like Crysis and Metro are going to need reduced settings but hey most games fly. Though I'm still on the fence about pulling the 5770s and sticking in a 6950 flashed
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top