Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
k i just got doom 3 demo and i can play it on 800X600 on high settings...

then i play fear and i have to play 640x480 on around medium settings.

what drivers are the best for a geforce 6100(integrated)

because this is rediculous

are there any tweaks in the sence that you open up the game file and change the code?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Well F.E.A.R. graphics are, well not alot, but not a little better than Doom 3, so youll defintily need a new card to play it with good frames.....and i dont think a good driver will help you ....

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yeah but they REALLY need to optimize that game... i hope they make a patch for it...

doom 3 looks WAY better than fear at the moment

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Its mainly because F.E.A.R is a VERY CPU instense program.

I have no troubles what-so-ever running it on my system at 1280x1024 with medium-to-high settings.

As long as you leave "Soft-Shadows", and the AA/AF off you should be fine.

·
Banned
113 Posts
I kind of push my card by running fear with almost everything on maximum except the Lighting Density, Soft Shadows off and no AA + AF and texture resolution to medium.... shadows to medium... *cough*. But yeah it is very computer intensive. I read on the F.E.A.R. forums that it's basically made for those "hard core" gamers that wanted something new. It takes high end stuff just to run it with everything on maximum with Soft Shadows on and AA + AF to max.

There are also lots of bugs and errors in the game, it is pretty much stated as a unfinished game. There are alot of complaints on the tech support forum on the F.E.A.R. website about it being glitchy, hitching when turning a corner or when something is going to happen, crashing and making the computer lock up. They are releasing a new patch soon which will hopfully get rid of all those bugs.

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange

Well F.E.A.R. graphics are, well not alot, but not a little better than Doom 3, so youll defintily need a new card to play it with good frames.....and i dont think a good driver will help you ....

Uhh...are you serious?

·
Premium Member
5,703 Posts
Firstly F.E.A.R. is light years ahead of DOOM3 graphics wise,

Secondly, I am sick of these threads, I run F.E.A.R. at all maximum settings, 1280x1024x32 with soft shadows ON and 4xaa 16xaf and I get solid 30-40FPS!! I seriously think you guys are missing something because I only have an X800XL! While over at pandapimp's house we ran it on his rig at all max, 1600x1200x32 with soft shadows ON and 4xaa and 16xaf at a solid 70+FPS at all times, he has a 7800GTX 256MB though.

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
I get about the same as him and a little more (It's been a while since I have played) because my cpu plays it at 3ghz.

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
see the dumb part is its smooth but i have to turn on aa to give me some hope
and on 800x600 its worse without aa

hey is the game even running in 64 bit mode? i'm on windows 32 bit.

·
Registered
199 Posts
i hit 45 fps on my x800 gto with no aa and without af i get inly 42 fps....no idea....still then also with aa it goes to 32 and that is cos i am cpu limited (xp 2500+ barton sckt A)

·
Registered
2,661 Posts
Well 1gb of ram won't allow you to do high textures and such, also the cpu may be dragging you down a little too. If you had a 2500 xp-m then you could oc that thing like no tommorrow.

·
Registered
455 Posts
i believe it works like this.

you need a 64 bit processor to run, 64 bit windows, to run a 64 bit program.

64 bit cpu = 64 bit windows = 64 bit games.

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chillaxed

k i just got doom 3 demo and i can play it on 800X600 on high settings...

then i play fear and i have to play 640x480 on around medium settings.

what drivers are the best for a geforce 6100(integrated)

because this is rediculous

are there any tweaks in the sence that you open up the game file and change the code?

..............And I can play Battlefield Vietnam on max settings at 1280x960, but only medium-low on BF2... CMON! FEAR requires better graphics...........

·
Premium Member
13,775 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xypex982

Well 1gb of ram won't allow you to do high textures and such, also the cpu may be dragging you down a little too. If you had a 2500 xp-m then you could oc that thing like no tommorrow.

That is not true. I run maxxed out on EVERYTHING with my 1 gig of cheap ram.

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by u.c.i.n.e.x.

i believe it works like this.

you need a 64 bit processor to run, 64 bit windows, to run a 64 bit program.

64 bit cpu = 64 bit windows = 64 bit games.

NOOOOOO that sucks!!! now i need to find a way to get it!

·
Registered
455 Posts
well...i would generally think...if a game like F.E.A.R. is very graphic intensive...it would suck on quality/fps on a **** setup...soo if ur indending the best settings with great fps...on a bad setup,,it doesnt work that way im sorry. some games run great on some comps, and some games make your computer setup look like a sack of potatoes.

and please do not start crapping at the game cause your system sucks.

like my rig...i dont expect F.E.A.R. to even work..

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by u.c.i.n.e.x.

like my rig...i dont expect F.E.A.R. to even work..

lol, yes it will.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts