Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just loaded up fear for the first time last night and it seems to be a good game, but I;m only getting 20 to 30 FPS. Not sure what I'm missing here. Need help. What you see in my profile is what I have now. Is there something more I need or a upgrade so this game will run better

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Are you sure your 6800 is getting engouh power? (did you plug in any exturnal plugs?)

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do have it pluged in. I had to buy a cable for my 500 watt X connect so it should have power.It seems that something is holding me back right now. The card is a BGF 6800 gt oc and it should run just fine. I know I don't have the best memory, but not sure if that could be the problem

·
Premium Member
3,324 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lone136

I do have it pluged in. I had to buy a cable for my 500 watt X connect so it should have power.It seems that something is holding me back right now. The card is a BGF 6800 gt oc and it should run just fine. I know I don't have the best memory, but not sure if that could be the problem

What settings are you playing? This is one of the most demanding games out right now and there is no way a single 6800GT and only 1GB of memory can handle maximum settings. Also for a big performance increase, turn of soft shadows.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So would adding 2x1gig of good memory help me out in this case. If so ,what would you get for around 225.00

·
Registered
764 Posts
right is it just me or does F.E.A.R lag on every com at some point my friend has it and he has a 3.8ghz intel, 2gigs of ram, and an x700pro PCI-ex which runs BF2 all on hi and he gets lag in the game, like ***! is with that??

·
Registered
188 Posts
Fear seems to be hard on resources unless you have the best stuff out haha

I get 30-60fps on my setup in medium.

·
Registered
764 Posts
yeah no wonder he gets 75fps look at his Graphics Card, lol!

·
Premium Member
3,072 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hermit

how can i know my FPS in FEAR

Download Fraps and run it in the background when playing the game.

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedarklordjay

yeah no wonder he gets 75fps look at his Graphics Card, lol!

Eh... I got a 45FPS average with soft shadows off, AF 2x AA off and with everything else totally maxed out with the res at 1024x765 with 1 gig of PC3200, and my 2.6GHz NWC running at 3.3GHz. And with my x850 XTPE, I got about 75 fps average with the same video settings.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thedarklordjay

right is it just me or does F.E.A.R lag on every com at some point my friend has it and he has a 3.8ghz intel, 2gigs of ram, and an x700pro PCI-ex which runs BF2 all on hi and he gets lag in the game, like ***! is with that??

The problem is that game developers code the game on $10K machines and expect people on $2K machines to play them.

F.E.A.R. lags a bit for me too. I can't run it on max settings either.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts