Overclock.net banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
301 Posts
Not much at all, you only download WU, which average 3mb, and then upload your completed WU, which will be just a little bit bigger, so even if you fold 24/7 you would only use about 20mb, and that is high balling it.

Unless someone knows something I don't and it uses more than that, let me know I am wrong


EDIT: example is if your only running one client.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,928 Posts
um well if you're on the bell Extreme plan, like I am, what you do is buy the extended coverage thing for an extra $10/month that allows you another 30GB a month, and you'll be fine


1 Usage Insurance plan 30 10.00

^thats what its called...

Um... I'm a single paerson and I can blow through my 90GB cap
I've only done it once though...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
GPU will use slightly more than SMP but will still be negligible.

Consider SMP client.

[ROUGH ESTIMATE]

Say 1.5 WU per day. Maximum size is around 10MB, most being under 5mb or so I believe.

1.5 WU / day * 30 days / month * 10 MB / WU = 0.5GB per month.

so if each of you shares 15 GB per month, you'd be using ~3% of your bandwidth in folding for the entire month.

But remember, not every WU is 10 megabytes, not even close so it theoretically should be much less than half a GB per month. More likely around the 200MB a month mark.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,742 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by stevenma188
View Post

I am thinking about folding, however, I live in a house with 4 people sharing 60GB of bandwidth a month, which seems to be used up extremely easy. I am wondering how much bandwidth folding will take up.

? how that works , can u explain? i pay 60 bucks a moth for 16Mbits/s
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,541 Posts
On a 420pt WU:
WU Size: 68.6KB
WU Result: 39.1KB
[email protected] doesn't use much bandwidth.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,062 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by stevenma188
View Post

I am thinking about folding, however, I live in a house with 4 people sharing 60GB of bandwidth a month, which seems to be used up extremely easy. I am wondering how much bandwidth folding will take up.


Quote:


Originally Posted by H3||scr3am
View Post

um well if you're on the bell Extreme plan, like I am, what you do is buy the extended coverage thing for an extra $10/month that allows you another 30GB a month, and you'll be fine


1 Usage Insurance plan 30 10.00

^thats what its called...

Um... I'm a single paerson and I can blow through my 90GB cap
I've only done it once though...

i fell sorry for both of you being on any bell service. i got rid of my bell and got teksavvy a long while ago and has been much, much better. i really recommend you guys look int to it. is is a third party dsl service.

Quote:


Originally Posted by stevenma188
View Post

Canadians get hosed for internet pricing/service.

yes we do
.
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
23,740 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by procpuarie
View Post

i fell sorry for both of you being on any bell service. i got rid of my bell and got teksavvy a long while ago and has been much, much better. i really recommend you guys look int to it. is is a third party dsl service.

yes we do
.

I am also using teksavvy


Unlimited uploads/downloads for only $50 a month 6MB connection with 800k upload.

Even though it is through Bell... I don't have to pay much to have more


The Bell technician asked me why I went with teksavvy rather then Bell. Simple reply to him was that they offered unlimited for a price that Bell could not offer. Also, it is usually $50 a month for a 5MB connection but I let the Bell technician play COD4 so he bumped me to 6MB
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
23,740 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post
h0ow u guys know when, went over? , so if u play games on line, there goes ur internet for the rest of the month?
No, they will just "over" charge you for what you used in extra.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,742 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mega_option101 View Post
No, they will just "over" charge you for what you used in extra.





I feel bad for u guys, i have 4 systems on line 24/7 , for the same price, 50USD every month
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
30 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevenma188 View Post
unfortunately, since our internet is contracted through the landlord, we are stuck on rogers.
yes we do get ripped off here, im stuck with rogers, by choice though, they are better than Bell
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by azcrazy View Post


I feel bad for u guys, i have 4 systems on line 24/7 , for the same price, 50USD every month
I feel bad for you. I pay $25 CND/month for a 10mbit up/down connection to my room.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top