Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just downloaded [email protected] after reformatting my hd. When i run it in the back ground it works, everything is fine... But when i try to open it to see how far i am, my comp freezes,the screen goes black, returns to desktop and says Vpu recover...

Anyone know? My first thought was, it starts to pull power (cpu, and gpu) and thats why it keeps recovering.

Im getting a new Antec 550Watt Truecontrol II so i will see if this is the problem, but if you can suggest some reasons as to why you think its doing this, would be great

Thanks In Advance

·
Premium Member
9,824 Posts
You may want to check your video drivers. I believe the molecules are rendered using an OpenGL routine. Power could also be an issue, but you'll find out soon enough once your new PSU arrives.

·
Registered
3,739 Posts
i have a similar problem. i play games crysis and cod5 for hours but have never seen any vpu recover errors before (no vpu recovers even after running ATI Tool GPU stress for 10 mins). My problem is kinda complicated. Running [email protected] GPU client in the background is OK.I observed GPU usage, it ran at its maximum without a hitch. The black screen and then vpu recover comes when i attempt to view the graphical window...

do you guys think it is a driver error? i have cat 9.1 installed.

·
Premium Member
7,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nautilus View Post
i have a similar problem. i play games crysis and cod5 for hours but have never seen any vpu recover errors before (no vpu recovers even after running ATI Tool GPU stress for 10 mins). My problem is kinda complicated. Running [email protected] GPU client in the background is OK.I observed GPU usage, it ran at its maximum without a hitch. The black screen and then vpu recover comes when i attempt to view the graphical window...

do you guys think it is a driver error? i have cat 9.1 installed.
Sounds like a driver issue to me.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
99% sure it is the drivers.
Also, are you using FaHMon to watch the progress?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm running into this problem too. I have the latest drivers for my video card, but even if I leave [email protected] in the background, every now and then VPU recover trips. [email protected] then refuses to do any more work until I exit and restart it. I even tried throttling it back so it couldn't use 100% of the GPU, but it still happened. My video card has the factory cooler on it, but also has a 120mm fan blowing across it towards the vents at the back of the case. GPU load temps are 60-70*C. I have a very negligible OC on the video card, only 10MHz and no OC for the memory. I've OCd it well beyond that and it was still stable. I'm at a loss for the cause of this.

Edit: I forgot, I had the GPU fan set to auto. I manually locked it at a higher speed, so we'll see if that helps.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.