Overclock.net banner

Which night do you guys want to have the update?

[email protected] Team points update thread (Update tonight every team check in please!)

3264 Views 90 Replies 20 Participants Last post by  Taeric
If every team could have there updates in every Sunday night around 12am CST (-6 GMT) that'd be wonderful!

I thought we could help out taeric by doing the weekly updates ourselves.
Since taeric has been busy I figured I'd post this and see where everyone else is.

Ok, So this is what you do: Click on the team members post bit. This brings up a small window and has that folders name, rank, total points, points/day, and points/month. Next you open this and look up that team member. Then click on their name, make sure they aren't using to many cpu's, and look at there total points. After that you compare the total points in the post bit to the total points on the [email protected] page. If they have more points on the [email protected] page, than the post bit shows, find the difference. Then you need to add the difference to their points/month. You should do this for each team member, and then add them together. This gives you your total team points/month. You can also figure out how many points you did from the last update by subtracting that total from the new total.

It's not too hard and the team captains can prolly figure our there own teams points in 5 mins or less. also be sure to make sure your team isn't folding on too many cpus! hope to see some posts!

Thanks Cowboyz

Points for July 24th-25th

Owners --------------------- 35,760 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
Folders Inc. ----------------- 26,200 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
Average Joes --------------- 25,124 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
Just Be Cause --------------- 21,504 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
TOFTOF -------------------- 21,113 --------- 7/24/06
Armada --------------------- 18,080 --------- 7/24/06
Mixers ---------------------- 17,466 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
Zang ----------------------- 16,937 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
Slow-'n-Low ---------------- 15,371 --------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
PFFT------------------------ 12,971 --------- 7/25/06
Lean Mean Folding Machines - 9,622 ---------- 7/25/06
Aybabu --------------------- 8,010 ---------- 7/30/06 <-- updated
  • Rep+
Reactions: RyGuy and 455buick
1 - 20 of 91 Posts

· Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thats what I'm wondering... btw to those teams I already did(TOFTOF, Armada, and Folders Inc.) I'm not planning to do it in the future just did it b/c I wanted to see my teams placement based on the teams who were lcosest to us. but I really encourage everyone to do this at least once a week... I do it daily to keep my team motivated and b/c I have enough spare time. Please do this then taeric can focus on more important issues... that is unless he likes doing this and doesn't want us too... plus another thing, I think it will help every team stay competitive and keep your member honest.

· Premium Member
4,010 Posts
I think it a good idea. I'll figure out Average Joe's and then edit this post with the total.

Edit|||

Slydog: total from 17th-24th: 2423 Total July: 10,146
Drummer4lifex: from 17th-24th: 985 Total July: 3508
JohnRogers: Total from 17th-24th: 153 Total July: 168
dangerousHobo: Total from 17th-24th: 864 Total July: 4660
Total from 17th-24th: 4425 points
Total this month: 18,482

I just added up the Points from the 17th to the 24th(though thats 8 days
). I thought it was easier on the extreme overclocking site.

· Premium Member
9,031 Posts
I dont understnad what your doing here. How are you figuring out how many points we did since last update? This is confusing.

· Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
it's not how many points since last update it's how many each team has total.

what you do is click on the tema members post bit. it brings up a small window and has name, rank, tot. pts. pts/day, and pts/july. then you open this and look up that team member. click on their name. make sure they aren't using to many cpu's, and look at there total points. then you compare the tot. pts. in the post bit to the total pts on the [email protected] pg. if they have more pts. then the post bit show find the difference and add the difference to their pts/july. do this for each team member and then add them together and you have your total pts/month. and you can also figure out how many pts you did from the last update by subtracting that tot. from the new tot.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cowboyzkickazz

I thought we could help out taeric by doing the weekly updates our selves. anyways thanks a lot... Yeah so we the members of Team Owners have been keeping track of our own points almost daily (I mean I have as captain... lol). Since taeric is busy I figured I'd post this and see where everyone else is today. Our team is at 26,453 pts as of 4PM CST. I went ahead and tallied the three teams that were closest to us at the last update and heres where they are. TOFTOF = 21,113 Folders Inc. = 20,722 and Armada = 18,080 (I think, I couldn't find your last teamate bysons points) but yeah jsut wondering where all the teams are... the way i did this was I went to each teams info page and clicked on each team members post bit info then i went here http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...&teamnum=37726 and I compared total points if teh [email protected] page had a higher point total I figure the difference then added it to the team members points for july. then I added all members totals together. It's not too hard and the team captains can prolly figure our there own teams points in 5 mins or less. also be sure to make sure your team isn't folding on too many cpus! hope to see some posts!

Thanks Cowboyz

PS once we do this I can make a post in the sticky with the updated info if its ok with taeric.

Hi cowboy,

I'll try it... I know who are team members are. It's trying to figure where the cutoff times are, if you know what I mean. I usually check the Stanford site once or twice a day... I guess I can pick a time and start generating a point total, but it may not be the same as others.

Because of my work schedule, Saturday at Midnight would be the best for me... As for the cpu total for me. I just put my new 3500+ on line and PM'd taeric about it... The total should come back dowm to 3. I thought it should have been by now though?? Hmm

Take care and let me know how you want to do this, :)

· Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah if this works out I'd prolly set the time for every sunday evening. that way it's consistant but i'm sure we could work it out.

PS @455buick just incase you didn't notice I already did your team today lol.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrospekt

Shouldnt the postbit total and the stanford total be the same always?

nope... I've been doing this almost all month and it's rarely the same b/c your post bit changes like once a day, and the [email protected] page is updated quite often, I think every hour.

· Premium Member
4,010 Posts
delete please. sorry for double post.

· Premium Member
4,010 Posts
if you look at my above post(post #4 and not the double post sorry), is that way of doing it any easier? The site is a lot more detailed.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:

I thought we could help out taeric by doing the weekly updates our selves. anyways thanks a lot... Yeah so we the members of Team Owners have been keeping track of our own points almost daily (I mean I have as captain... lol). Since taeric is busy I figured I'd post this and see where everyone else is today. Our team is at 26,453 pts as of 4PM CST. I went ahead and tallied the three teams that were closest to us at the last update and heres where they are. TOFTOF = 21,113 Folders Inc. = 20,722 and Armada = 18,080 (I think, I couldn't find your last teamate bysons points) but yeah jsut wondering where all the teams are... the way i did this was I went to each teams info page and clicked on each team members post bit info then i went here http://vspx27.stanford.edu/cgi-bin/m...&teamnum=37726 and I compared total points if teh [email protected] page had a higher point total I figure the difference then added it to the team members points for july. then I added all members totals together. It's not too hard and the team captains can prolly figure our there own teams points in 5 mins or less. also be sure to make sure your team isn't folding on too many cpus! hope to see some posts!

Thanks Cowboyz

PS once we do this I can make a post in the sticky with the updated info if its ok with taeric.
cowboy,

Here's what I got from the Stanford Stats web page for July 1st thru 24th @8:00pm EST:
http://fahstats.com

455buick - 10,302
cappy - 4225
shajbot - 3845
peroxide - 3078
total - 21,405

I'm not sure this is the same way you calculated the points, because there is a 1 to 2 hour lag between Stanford's main web site and their stats page. Also the lag time between Stanford and extremeovercloking is at least 4 if not 5 hours. And finally the lag between our site and Stanford is at least 24 hours...

Does this make sense?? Take care, :)

· Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
@dangeroushobo - well em... I'm talking about tot. pts for the month... Thats not really what I meant. You can use taht site to do it too, but like I said I was talking about the tot. pts for the month and if you want to know what your pt/week are its easy subtraction. I just thought the way i outlined was easier, but if you wanna do it that way it will work.

@ buick, yueah that works use w/e site you guys want just thought the actual stanford site was easier for me.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:

yeah if this works out I'd prolly set the time for every sunday evening. that way it's consistant but i'm sure we could work it out.

PS @455buick just incase you didn't notice I already did your team today lol.

nope... I've been doing this almost all month and it's rarely the same b/c your post bit changes like once a day, and the [email protected] page is updated quite often, I think every hour.
Hi cowboy,

Yeah I noticed you have our points... Seems a little short to me! LOL :)

I'll post here and our team's point totals, but unless everybody does it the same, it will be confusing...

Take care, :)

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:

@dangeroushobo - well em... I'm talking about tot. pts for the month... Thats not really what I meant. You can use taht site to do it too, but like I said I was talking about the tot. pts for the month and if you want to know what your pt/week are its easy subtraction. I just thought the way i outlined was easier, but if you wanna do it that way it will work.

@ buick, yueah that works use w/e site you guys want just thought the actual stanford site was easier for me.
Hi cowboy,

Those are the totals for the month of July... Starting with Saturday July 1st to today the 24th....

I wish we could use a spreadsheet, without it being hacked or setup with a trojan, a virus, or a worm or something worse...

Hmmm I like your idea though. :)

· Premium Member
4,010 Posts
Quote:

Yeah I realized that and fixed it already. Thanks though.

· Registered
2,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
yeah I did your points today at around 4 so I bet you had some WU's turned in since then.

ok lemme look and let ya know dangerous

that looks good!

If anyone wants to do a daily update have it done between 6:30 - 7:30 PM CST (-6:00 GMT)

i'll update the first post daily with scores if anyoens interested.

· Registered
2,900 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Retrospekt
Shouldnt the postbit total and the stanford total be the same always?
Hi retrospekt,

Yes and No... The total for the post bit is 24 hours or so behind Stanford... Even the extremeoverclocking site has a 4-5 hour delay...

If you want the most up to date total for yourself and anyone else, you'll need to visit the Stanford site and look up the donator's total...

I hope this helped, :)

1 - 20 of 91 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.