Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am now folding on my 9800GTX+ and my 9600GSO got here early so I went ahead and popped her into my current build but realized I don't have any dummy plugs.

I enabled the monitor on the 9600GSO and extended desktop and [email protected] seems to be alright without the dummy plug, is this alright?

EDIT> Just looked and it says under FAHMon that these are 1680 point WU's is that right?!!!
LL

·
Overclocked TI-83
671 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Yeah, I think the dummy plug is only for when you're not using a second monitor. I.E. people running sli, etc.

·
Premium Member
4,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by pez View Post
Yeah, I think the dummy plug is only for when you're not using a second monitor. I.E. people running sli, etc.
I only have one monitor, I just extended my desktop like I had another one plugged in

·
Registered
331 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntman21014 View Post
I only have one monitor, I just extended my desktop like I had another one plugged in
I am supprised that it is working, in vista you have to have a second Monitor or a dummy plug to activate the second card. However you seem to have it working

·
Registered
1,884 Posts
yeah... i was able to get mine to work for a little bit, now it wont let me enable my second desktop because i dont have 2 monitors.

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by huntman21014
View Post

Oh...well then idk lol.

·
Registered
666 Posts
Geforce Driver 180 and newer should be able to fake monitors to the OS, so that you can extent the Screen without having an actual monitor (or dummy) attached.
That is ;o)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.