Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend asked me to check out his PC, said the PSU is dead., i tested the PSU, it's fine. but there is no power getting to the M/B. Gigabyte GA-78LMT-USB3, seeing as the PSU works when using a shunt across the power/ground pins in the mobo connector i figured it must be the case/switch is the issue(?). so i am trying to figure out if the connectors on the F-Panel Header are configure properly. anyone any ideas?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
edit: i can't read
double edit: here you go

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
power should be top row #3,4

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
thats what i was thinking., the 2 pairs of plugs are on the HD activity & Reset switch pins. (top left of block) , and the white/orange pair are in the bottom right corner, , there are actually three pins, only two wires in the plug. so i'm thinking if he has wired it up wrong, it could be very wrong, just trying to confirm for definite.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
how can you tell which are the positive wires, and which are the negative ones. it seems like it should matter (?)

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, bit of confusion there, i think i got it now

Attachments

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok, so now we have pwr to the m/b. via the front case switch. but nothing to monitor.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
it powers up. all fans running, just nothing getting to the monitor. i should at least get a bios screen, right ? maybe i need to clear the CMOS ?

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i dont have a spare battery to hand. the monitor is connected to the Mobo, not the gpu.

·
Premium Member
4,981 Posts
i dont have a spare battery to hand. the monitor is connected to the Mobo, not the gpu.

The motherboard graphics disable themselves if there is a graphics card installed. You can't get output from the motherboard if there's a graphics card in one of the PCIe slots.

What I described in the previous paragraph is the default behavior of the BIOS. If you manually change certain settings in the BIOS menus, you can get the motherboard output to work while a graphics card is installed.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
oh. never come across that before, thank you. ok, i have plugged the monitor into the gpu. still no post.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
removed gpu. monitor now back to mobo. still no pictures.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
no idea. staring gormlessly into the case. looks fine from here.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
i can't see anywhere to plug in a pcie or cpu cables.

also no power to keyboard.

·
Premium Member
4,886 Posts
Post a picture of the side panel off, maybe we can see something that isn't plugged in.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
pics

Attachments

1 - 20 of 30 Posts