Overclock.net banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I read that it isnt coming with dx11 on release. Port much? You reckon it will be a decent port or just a spin off from the console version.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
It's running on the same engine as DiRT2, so yes it will have DX11.

·
Premium Member
16,550 Posts
Yes it will, only thing is they're having some issues with DX11 for some reason, but it will be fixed with a patch.

Don't worry, this game will have DX11

·
Premium Member
6,627 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lost1234 View Post
are you guys buying it?
Yes, it looks awesome. Did you see the difference in graphics between console and PC? Even without DX11, the difference is huge.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by lost1234 View Post
are you guys buying it?
Already bought it.

·
Super Moderator
32,930 Posts
I'll buy it when it goes on sale for $6 like DiRT2 did

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Bought it, but ya its defiantly a port lol.

·
Registered
795 Posts
Its a racing game of course its a port. Racing games are not meant for a keyboard. So obviously the the bigger audience is the consoles. I still preordered it for pc.

·
Senior Overclocker
4,998 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
It's running on the same engine as DiRT2, so yes it will have DX11.
not really... dirt2 is running on the EGO 1.0 engine when F1 2010 runs on the 1.5 version which is a souped up version of the 1.0, made just for this game.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
It's not a port at all.

Not every game that lacks DX11 is a half-baked console port. DX11 is still fairly new, games that have been in development for a while won't support it. I'm not expecting mass adoption of DX11 for at least another year simply because of the time it takes to develop games.

·
In a van...DOWNBYTHERIVER
3,589 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryptedvick View Post
not really... dirt2 is running on the EGO 1.0 engine when F1 2010 runs on the 1.5 version which is a souped up version of the 1.0, made just for this game.
So you basically just reinforced his claim. It is the same engine, just a newer version.

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Sorry I wouldnt call it a knock off port. But is a port none the less.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts