Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wasn't trying to overclock anything, however I did edit some settings in the BIOS of my brother's MSI 980A-G65 Mobo.

I was trying to get his ram to operate at the advertised specs. (G skill eco 2x2 ddr3 ram).

7-8-7-24-40-2t @ 1.35V is what it's supposed to run.

Default on board was 9-9-9-25-34 @ 1.5V.

So I adjusted the timings and lowered the DRAM Voltage to 1.35. I also turned off Cool and Quiet and set cpu multiplier to x17 (stock speed). CPU is a Phenom II X4 965 BE.

Any help would be appreciated! I'm pretty new to tweaking.

·
Premium Member
853 Posts
There should be a jumper on the board that will be listed as clear cmos refer to the manual if you have to on that board I believe it is green in color before moving the jumper to the clear position make sure to switch off and unplug the psu then move the jumper to the normal position after letting it sit for a minute or two clearing the cmos

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Alright, I've gotten the timings to the advertised specs, however, I'm only able to get the DRAM Frequency to 1333 without failing to post. Its at default 1.5 volts.

·
Registered
2,852 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TyphoidKitten View Post
Or he could unplug his PSU and remove the battery...Whatever you thinks easier.

...wait a minute. How do you know how to overclock RAM yet don't know how to clear CMOS? Seriously? lol, nice.
I suppose you knew everything when you started? Give the guy a break.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DimsumRN View Post
Alright, I've gotten the timings to the advertised specs, however, I'm only able to get the DRAM Frequency to 1333 without failing to post. Its at default 1.5 volts.
If they don't post you could always try upping the voltage.

Like Eiko mentioned, you might have to work around with your multiplier, and your HT. Up your multi, lower your HT so your CPU clock stays the same.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts