Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, so originally i had unplugged my SSDs to measure the sata cables but plugged them into the incorrect ports and i got this warning.

I didnt understand the problem (I'm a noob) so i just reinstalled my OS. Now i have no issues until today, I unplugged one of my drives with the computer off, then plugged the drive back in. Now im getting the same problem.

Ive googled and looked at the Arch wiki. Im just having a hard time understanding the problem. Im running Arch with XFCE. Thanks in advance.

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol View Post

seems like it might be a problem with the fstab config, try posting the output of

Code:

Code:
cat /etc/fstab
As soon as I get home from work I will. I don't believe my fstab has changed but at this point I'll try anything. Thank you greatly for offering help!

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrol View Post

seems like it might be a problem with the fstab config, try posting the output of

Code:

Code:
cat /etc/fstab
[[email protected] ~]$ cat /etc/fstab
#
# /etc/fstab: static file system information
#
#

# /dev/sda1
UUID=72bef9d8-a1d1-426d-b334-df4e257ae741 / ext4 discard,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 1

# /dev/sdb1
UUID=626d391d-011d-4d3b-b7f1-6b0b56d9c48d /home ext4 discard,rw,relatime,data=ordered 0 2

# /dev/sdc1
UUID=023b836e-933b-405a-9ba3-a32f4143820b /media ext4 defaults 0 2
[[email protected] ~]$

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
I get the same issue to. Happens sporadically. Some weeks it might only happen once, other weeks it will happen several times a day. A forced reset often "fixes" the issue.

Not had time to research the problem but i have left it hanging on the dbus thingy for a while and then started seeing some timed out messages, as if dbus is trying to form a network connection. Very odd.

In any case, it's just another example of how crappy systemd and dbus are. Why Linux adopted these technologies is beyond me - it's as if we like to deliberately make things hard for ourselves.

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh man. Seeing any sort of failed anything at boot causes my ocd great anxiety.

edit:

little more information
[[email protected] ~]$ systemctl --failed
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service loaded failed failed Create Volatile Files and

LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.

1 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.
To show all installed unit files use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.
lines 1-9/9 (END)...skipping...
UNIT LOAD ACTIVE SUB DESCRIPTION
● systemd-tmpfiles-setup.service loaded failed failed Create Volatile Files and Di

LOAD = Reflects whether the unit definition was properly loaded.
ACTIVE = The high-level unit activation state, i.e. generalization of SUB.
SUB = The low-level unit activation state, values depend on unit type.

1 loaded units listed. Pass --all to see loaded but inactive units, too.
To show all installed unit files use 'systemctl list-unit-files'.

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Okay so I decided for grins and giggles to reinstall Arch... Within 4 restarts the same issue comes back so apparently unplugging my drives wasn't the issue... Oh well, back to troubleshooting.

·
Premium Member
8,041 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgtuning View Post

Okay so I decided for grins and giggles to reinstall Arch... Within 4 restarts the same issue comes back so apparently unplugging my drives wasn't the issue... Oh well, back to troubleshooting.
Yeah, I did say it appeared to be network related
tongue.gif

As soon as I get time to troubleshoot this myself, I'll update this thread. But I've lived with it for months so far due to being too busy to investigate further
frown.gif

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plan9 View Post

Yeah, I did say it appeared to be network related
tongue.gif

As soon as I get time to troubleshoot this myself, I'll update this thread. But I've lived with it for months so far due to being too busy to investigate further
frown.gif
It's all good. It only takes me an hour and a half to reinstall and get back my system back to where I need it to be. I will continue to update this thread as well. Seems a lot of people need to enable acl in var.

·
Gamer
3,966 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Alright gents I found where the error was coming from.. I used this command for my AMD card: /etc/tmpfiles.d/radeon-pm.conf then created this
w /sys/class/drm/card0/device/power_method - - - - high

I deleted it and the issue is gone.
rolleyes.gif
Any thought on why?

·
Registered
997 Posts
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.