Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm failing P.E. because I don't know how to play football :***: The teach gos like "I have 200 students and you're the only one who doesn't know"

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
how can you fail p.e. oh wait, i did once but that was attitude problems. are you sure your trying? at your age that is all you should have to do.

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
lmao, here is how to play:

1. grab a ball and run
2. stay on the line and jack someone up

thats all there is to it, i perfer jackin someone up and taking out my anger on them...they usually get hurt.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
hey, well a couple suggestions.

1. watch the superbowl this weekend. that'll give you some insite on the game... don't be afraid to ask questions so you can try to understand the game some more.
2. read up on the rules and principles of the game especially if you will be tested on the rules... but regardless this will help you understand the game
3. try your best. I played football in middle school.. actually started, but I played on the line bc I hit my growth spurt before everyone else... so I was big for my age. (now I'm 22 and still 5'6" and under 200lbs) so I was able to find a position I could play even though I can't run (I'm too damn slow) and I can't catch or throw. You don't have to be the best but just try different positions till you find something you're good at.

·
Registered
199 Posts
is this american football or 'soccer' cos i am britihs...i was ribbush...all i did was chase the guy who had the ball...sliding tackle...everyone says wow....me get good grade and a red card for fouling the opponent in an impressive way...and get to go home early ^_^

·
Banned
218 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by bentrinh

I'm failing P.E. because I don't know how to play football :***: The teach gos like "I have 200 students and you're the only one who doesn't know"

screw that dude, if he says that again say something about computers that will confuse him.

for example,

P.E. teacher - you cant play football

You - you cant network a computer

·
Registered
1,534 Posts
Tell him,
If he was doing HIS job you would know how to play

If you can't do it you teach it.
I skipped P.E. for 3 yrs in a row when i came time to get into 12th grade i have to take summer school,i made up 3yrs in 3 weeks, I thought it worked out good. I was in great shape and could do what need to be done i just didnt want to go.after that was over i would find a job for the summer

·
Registered
199 Posts
lol....ownage...or to just taunt him wear a frag wear t-shirt saying 'i frag all night' or i fragged your mum' and he will be like ***???

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
lol why would you want to pass PE anyway? mhh unless you want to be a P.E teacher?? do you?? .. thort not, so just tell him to **** off!
ok actually don't listen to me, i guess you could just bear it until you leave school and then the fun really begins because then you can actually start to learn things YOU want to learn not what they want you to (collage,uni)
and trust me he wont take this as you being cheeky if you just say, i have been listening to your lessons and i do try my best and that is all i can do...my best..then he will give you top marks for effort
but seriously if you dont wana do sport as a carrear later on in life then dont worry. year 7-9 marks mean totally nothing, its the GSCE grade that dose, but if ya dont like it then ya wont take it anyway in year 10 eh

·
Premium Member
5,876 Posts
When I first started playing hockey for my high school team, I barely even knew how to skate. But I picked up on it quickly and my coach was amazed at how fast I learned. Just apply yourself to it and Im sure you can learn pretty quick.

·
Banned
1,159 Posts
yeh i used to SUCK at football. i'd get tthe ball and run. i kinda knew how to play but i always did something wrong. don't worry, in grade 9 u need to take it once and after that u never need to take it!

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Say something really messed up to the teacher and when he says "what did you say?" just tell him that you were getting pumped up.

·
Premium Member
10,187 Posts
ye they have to legally, because they think people and quite unhealthy because they get no exercise, like they seem to think people stay in all the time...playing ...games.. on..there...computers mhh..

·
Banned
4,795 Posts
lol, i hated football, i still do, the only reason i played in middle school was to hit someone without getting in trouble, where i really shined was in the weight room, i have a perfect squat form which is why im so strong in my legs, the coach always made EVERYONE quit what they were doing and watch me squat my sets...he called me the posterboard boy for squats lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Football is simple:

at the beginning of the game, the teams are on opposite sides of the field. One team kicks the ball as far down the field as they can to the other team...called kickoff.

The other team catches it (the farther back the kick flew, the better for the defense) and tries to run to the other end of the field until the man with the ball is stopped (tackled/touched/flag taken if it's flag football, whatever).

When the man is stopped, then you start counting 'downs'...pretty much another word for 'plays.'

At the beginning of a down, your team, assuming they're offense, lines up at the line of skirmage, basically an imaginary line indicating how far your team has gotten towards the other end of the field (the end zone) where they would score a touchdown. When the quarterback yells 'hike' one of the linemen throws him the ball, and the quarterback makes a pass to one of the receivers, who have run down the field towards the end zone. Some of the players stay back to keep the opposing linemen from rushing the quarterback and stopping him with the ball in his hands, which is called a sack.

If the quarterback passes to one of the receivers, the receiver runs as far as he can towards the end zone. Once the quarterback has made his throw the ball may only be passed backwards, and it is rare for anyone to do so.

When the receiver is tackled, the play ends, and it is the next down. The team gets 4 downs in which to score. If the team chooses to do so, they may punt on the fourth down (like kickoff, but it's from the line of skirmage) if they feel that they can't score. If they fail to score on the fourth down, the opposing team gets the ball at the line of skirmage.

If a team scores, then they kick off to the other team, and the cycle repeats.

I guess that's the basics of it...

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Ok.. here is a question.. since when did P.E. coaches start grading kids on if they know how to play a sport or not? I thought you got your points from showing up, dressing out, and actually attempting... hmmm

·
Registered
672 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevo1663

Ok.. here is a question.. since when did P.E. coaches start grading kids on if they know how to play a sport or not? I thought you got your points from showing up, dressing out, and actually attempting... hmmm

Agreed; or at least that's how it works where I am going to school...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts