Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Started yesterday mourning, when I came home from work. Turn on my computer, and it wouldn't post. After hitting the reset switch a few times, it finally came on and was running fine all day. This mourning, I turned it on and again, fail to post. And after hitting the reset switch a few times, it came on. And now its running fine. I had something like this the problem before, and it turn out to be bad ram. If RAM is the problem this would be my 3th time since I built the computer that RAM has fail. Second time since I change power supplies early last year. Once its running, its running fine. Any ideas? Sadly, I do not have any spare parts to switch out or another computer to test parts on.

Specs Everything is at stock settings
Mobo: Asus M3N72-D 750a
CPU: Phenom x4 940
RAM: Patriot G-Series DDR2 4GB
HD: Western Digital Blue 500GB
PSU: Kingwin Lazer 850w

If its a major problem then I will just go just get the new build that I want.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by keysersoze;11938854
Grounding, RAM, or PSU...
How would I go about checking for grounding? For RAM, I will run memtest and for the psu, I would get a volt meter.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Something might be acting up in your BIOS (or a value in the BIOS is not correct)...I suggest you remove the CMOS battery from your mobo, wait 1 minute, and put it back in so as to reset the BIOS.

·
Registered
185 Posts
try booting your mobo outside of the case and see if it works. If it does then chekc your case for anything grounding the board. Happened to me about 2 days ago.

·
Registered
709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Before I went to bed, last night, I turn it back on. It booted and posted without a problem. This mouring, I turned it on, started again. Slow post. Took about a minute to post. I clear cmos, and reseat my ram.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts