Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a new card since my GeForce 8600GT blew a few caps and was just hoping to get some of your guys personal experience with the 5770 in general and with gaming. I will also be watching HD movies from my comp via the HDMI port and was wondering if anyone has ran into any probs with the audio.

·
Banned
1,822 Posts
It's plenty fast for your needs, a 4 steps beyond what you were using, and a still a solid card, depending on the manufacturer.

For HD movies, WOW, and most all video games, it'll chug through without any effort on high.

·
Registered
30 Posts
the 5770 will blow wow out of the water. mine has been good since 10.7

10.6 drivers and lower my card used to crash randomly (never under load, usually at desktop or while listening to music) :S

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
while your at it i would grab a cpu upgrade as well

something used like an e5400 or so and overclock it to around 3.5 with a 5770 so you are getting the most out of it

just my 2cents on that

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ex, good to know. When I Fallout on my 8600 it had some trouble with it but it was still playable. I'm using onboard right now and it can barely play WoW lol. Beta wont even let you turn my settings up at all.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Gnome I would but right now I do not have the extra money to upgrade everything. TBH when I have the money to do my next build I think I'd rather go with an AMD CPU. Seems like you get more bang for your buck with AMD.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts