Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the game starts pretty slow but it gets pretty mint once you get into it. Shockingly like Oblivion though, which I don't appreciate...I thought they would have put a bit more imagination into it rather than slam a skin over Oblivion and call it another game.

Anyways, well I'm out of the vault and I'm playing around collecting things. Pick locking is a piece of cake, but I can't figure out how to 'hack' for the life of me!

You get 4 chances to pick a word out of like....thousands of combinations, not once have I got it right lol Am I missing something here? How the hell do you 'hack' it just seems like a giant guessing game to me were you are trying to find a needle in a hay stack

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
i feel the same way about hacking, mate.

i'd help you if i could but i am the same way

·
Premium Member
18,210 Posts
Well heres how i hack i save it right befor i try to hack any computer and reload when it locks or you can hit power when is on the last try. One thing i noticed if watch the hex codes that can help you to find the right word.

·
Premium Member
3,016 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedEarth View Post
Ok, so the game starts pretty slow but it gets pretty mint once you get into it. Shockingly like Oblivion though, which I don't appreciate...I thought they would have put a bit more imagination into it rather than slam a skin over Oblivion and call it another game.

Anyways, well I'm out of the vault and I'm playing around collecting things. Pick locking is a piece of cake, but I can't figure out how to 'hack' for the life of me!

You get 4 chances to pick a word out of like....thousands of combinations, not once have I got it right lol Am I missing something here? How the hell do you 'hack' it just seems like a giant guessing game to me were you are trying to find a needle in a hay stack

Man, I do not get the lock picking.
Everytime I press F, I damage the lock!

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
hacking is atrocious lol,though i think i have the process sorted out but still can't get it right.
you are supposed to choose a word and then see how many correct characters it has,next you should choose a word that differs with the first in some respects and then see how many matches it has.thereafter you choose another so that you guess at least some characters of the password.
though it never worked out for me,i just got lucky in the beginning.

also use a lab coat,it gives +5 to science and increases the number of attempts,it did once for me.

• Rep+
Reactions: IcedEarth

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
hacking.......you get three tries.....forth locks down the terminal......try three times..... you don't get it exit....you get four tries again....keep doing it 'till you hack it

·
Banned
734 Posts
lol am i the only one here thats finished the game?
took me just under 15 hours and 50 minutes including some side quests AND getting lost 2x for an hour or so each time (getting into rivet city, finding my way around megaton)
i believe im lvl 13 going on 14

·
Registered
584 Posts
Yeah lock picking is ok - once u realise that all you have to do is slide mouse 1 way and slighty press A - if it stopps then slide mouse another way and repeate - it becomes a breaze.

The hacking on the otherhand is quite hard - ive not hacked a console yet - ive locked them down each time hehe.

The game however is NOT what i expected.
I am seriously dissapointed with the graphics . the textures are like something a baby has squiggled.. try kicking one of thsoe lether belts you see lying around - and it stays stiff lol - doesnt even flex = poor physics..

The outside landscape LOD setup even on ultra high everything is horrid - I have everything set ultra high - all sliders pushed to the right to max - and when walking outside - things still popup a bit ahead of me - just jumping out of knowhere..

I was taking some rescuded folks back to a town - and on the map it said I was right on top of it - but i couldnt see it - so I took a few steps forward - and POP! out of knowhere the village sprang up in front of me about 30 seconds walk time away lol.

Game play is excellent though - I love complicated rpg style to gameplay - the more intricate the better in my book.

Game = 7/10
No way on earth is it a 10/10 like some reviews give it.

Nemes

·
Premium Member
9,786 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by gamervivek
View Post

hacking is atrocious lol,though i think i have the process sorted out but still can't get it right.
you are supposed to choose a word and then see how many correct characters it has,next you should choose a word that differs with the first in some respects and then see how many matches it has.thereafter you choose another so that you guess at least some characters of the password.
though it never worked out for me,i just got lucky in the beginning.

also use a lab coat,it gives +5 to science and increases the number of attempts,it did once for me.

Excuse my ignorance, or stupidity...not sure which one it is yet

When I click a word, how am I supposed to know which characters are correct? Are they highlighted somewhere? I read this on the instructions poop up, but can never find out were the correct characters are indicated, maybe I'm just ******ed lol

The graphics are pretty bad, but not that bad so it doesn't bother me. The biggest thing about the game is the lack of refinement to the character movement. Hell, he almost glides rather than walks and stairs are just like walking up a ramp. They could have put a bit more effort in

Also, the damn aiming system. When I press R2 to go into the aiming mode, trying to pick between legs/torso/head is a nightmare. It seems to choose at random, I was literally sat there for 5 minutes trying to choose the head

But other than that it is pretty good

·
Registered
412 Posts
On the bottom right of the computer screen is the input - it will say "REPEATED" (random word you entered) and "2/7 Correct". This means 2 letters of that are correct. So, choose another word, say "UNLOCKED" and it will again state (maybe) "2/7 Correct". Then, you'd know that 2 of the the letters are E and D, and have also eliminated lots of letters, so should be able to search the rest and find a fitting one. Still way too arsy for my liking, another mini game would have been better, maybe like Bioshock style hacking.

Rest of the game is effing amazing though, I was a huge lover of Fallout 1 + 2 and this lives up to my expectations. I can accept the below average graphics due to the scale of the game.

• Rep+
Reactions: IcedEarth

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by IcedEarth
View Post

The graphics are pretty bad, but not that bad so it doesn't bother me.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mrselfdestruct
View Post

I can accept the below average graphics due to the scale of the game.

...u guys on crack?

*EDIT* that's why you get games on PC... (just realized what forum this was under)

·
Registered
412 Posts
And another hacking tip - if you find a selection in the word jumble that is 2 brackets, with or without something in, ie (*) [$-&#] or {} , and choose it, it will either eliminate some passwords or reset your tries

1 - 13 of 13 Posts