Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
3DFX User
7,278 Posts
Ya this was released like 9 months ago lol! Sure it will be a great game.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomDash
View Post

I wish it was Fallout 4. We'll see if handing Fallout over to another team will end up as good.

A majority of the team behind New Vegas were the creators of the original two Fallouts. So with them, and Bethesda moderating them, it will be a sweet game. Pre-ordered my copy several months ago.

·
Premium Member
12,217 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geglamash
View Post

A majority of the team behind New Vegas were the creators of the original two Fallouts. So with them, and Bethesda moderating them, it will be a sweet game. Pre-ordered my copy several months ago.

I'm sure I'll like it, however the biggest fear of mine is that new vegas doesn't even remotely compare to DC ruins. DC ruins made things have a certain atmosphere that New Vegas might not have.

·
Banned
4,844 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Geglamash
View Post

This is NOT Fallout 4. It is New Vegas. Huge difference there.

Got my hopes up reading the title but ya, it's just an expansion :/

·
Registered
716 Posts
I don't think expansion is the word I would use to describe it. It takes place 3 years after FO3 on the opposite side of the US and it is a full price game from a different developer than FO3.

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by [nK]Sharp View Post
Got my hopes up reading the title but ya, it's just an expansion :/
Uhhhh...no, it isn't 'just an expansion'. It's an entirely new game. It's no more an expansion of FO3 than Portal is of HL2.

·
Banned
4,341 Posts
bigger, better, and longer.

This is obsidian we are talking about. This are the guys from the Original fallouts, and no one delivers a better story, And i mean nobody. Fallout 1 and 2, planescape torment, Icewind dales, They had a hand in the baldurs gates. Kotor 2, nwn2, alpha protocol. The best stories written have been done by these guys.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DoomDash View Post
I'm sure I'll like it, however the biggest fear of mine is that new vegas doesn't even remotely compare to DC ruins. DC ruins made things have a certain atmosphere that New Vegas might not have.
Vegas is going back to the area of the first fallout, you really can't get much better than that.

·
Premium Member
5,257 Posts
Quote:

All the screenshots I've seen make it look EXACTLY like the DC Ruins, so no worries there

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
Quote:

That's actually a good thing because Vegas is about as far from DC as possible. First of all Vegas wasn't bombed at all while DC was hit extra hard. Secondly, on the west coast at least, Civilization is starting to recover a bit. People farm, large governments have re-established(lol NCR), and hell one or two lucky bastards even have a working car!

On a side note I'd love to know what happened to Chosen One's Highwayman after the events of Fallout 2...

1 - 20 of 31 Posts